Recruiting Silas Demary Jr.: Closed

Mr. X

Elite Member
Insider
Where is Wolfpack when you need him? Need his thoughts.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Where is Wolfpack when you need him? Need his thoughts.

Keatts overhauled his coaching staff during the offseason as a last ditched effort to save his job. Out ore James Johnson, Roy Roberson and Mike Summey. In my opinion, Keatts never should have hired James Johnson. In are Levi Watkins, Kareem Richardson and Joel Justice.

Keatts' contract is up after the 25-26 season, but Keatts has a clause in his contract where he can extend his contract for two additional years due to NCAA violations committed by the previous coaching staff in the recruitment of Dennis Smith. That would take his contract through the 27-28 season. Currently, Keatts is making $2.7 million per year. To date, I do not believe Keatts has exercised the contract extension.

With that said, I personally don't see 20 wins on NC State's schedule this year. Keatts is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat this season in order to keep his job. If Keatts does exercise his contract extension, then NC State would have 5 years to buy out after this year at $2.7 million per year ($13.5 million total). With the success the football team and women's basketball team are having, I think that turns up the heat on Keatts even more. The only thing Keatts has going for him regarding recruiting is NIL. Any kid he signs at this point has to be way more interested in NIL money than Keatts' job security. Add on to that the free and easy transfer portal and some kids are more than willing to sign a one year deal to play for NC State and then find a better deal the following year.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Keatts overhauled his coaching staff during the offseason as a last ditched effort to save his job. Out ore James Johnson, Roy Roberson and Mike Summey. In my opinion, Keatts never should have hired James Johnson. In are Levi Watkins, Kareem Richardson and Joel Justice.

Keatts' contract is up after the 25-26 season, but Keatts has a clause in his contract where he can extend his contract for two additional years due to NCAA violations committed by the previous coaching staff in the recruitment of Dennis Smith. That would take his contract through the 27-28 season. Currently, Keatts is making $2.7 million per year. To date, I do not believe Keatts has exercised the contract extension.

With that said, I personally don't see 20 wins on NC State's schedule this year. Keatts is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat this season in order to keep his job. If Keatts does exercise his contract extension, then NC State would have 5 years to buy out after this year at $2.7 million per year ($13.5 million total). With the success the football team and women's basketball team are having, I think that turns up the heat on Keatts even more. The only thing Keatts has going for him regarding recruiting is NIL. Any kid he signs at this point has to be way more interested in NIL money than Keatts' job security. Add on to that the free and easy transfer portal and some kids are more than willing to sign a one year deal to play for NC State and then find a better deal the following year.

Keatts has four pg offers for 2023.

Isaiah Collier, Ty-Laur Johnson, London Johnson and Silas Demary Jr

Isaiah Collier is leaning toward USC

Ty-Laur Johnson's recruitment is wide open and will decide February 11, 2023,

London Johnson is going to the G-League

Silas Demary's Demary's recruitment is between NC State, USC and VCU with a few others like Kansas, UVA and Indiana giving him a hard look.

Silas has remainihg 3 Senior Year official visits left. In addition, Isaiah Collier is recruiting Silas to team up with him at USC.

It will be interesting to see he uses the official visits before his decision in the first week of November and which school gets them.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Keatts has four pg offers for 2023.

Isaiah Collier, Ty-Laur Johnson, London Johnson and Silas Demary Jr

Isaiah Collier is leaning toward USC

Ty-Laur Johnson's recruitment is wide open and will decide February 11, 2023,

London Johnson is going to the G-League

Silas Demary's Demary's recruitment is between NC State, USC and VCU with a few others like Kansas, UVA and Indiana giving him a hard look.

Silas has remainihg 3 Senior Year official visits left. In addition, Isaiah Collier is recruiting Silas to team up with him at USC.

It will be interesting to see he uses the official visits before his decision in the first week of November and which school gets them.

When you have one foot out of the door from being fired, you offer everyone you can and hope something sticks. Regarding today's college recruiting landscape, more kids are open to one and done situations regarding the coach/school as long as the NIL money is good. They know they can collect on the NIL now and move on to the next offer the following year through the free and easy transfer portal. If Keatts has big NIL money to offer, then some of these kids will bite. College recruiting for both the coaches and the players is totally different now than it was 3-5 years ago.

t23e3

Elite Member
If we lose him to USC I get it. If we lose him to NCST he's just chasing that bag, which I totally get. I probably would too haha. Hopefully we land him though.

Mercury

Elite Member
Wait goat 🐐....ram 🐐 I get the same pic when I type goat or ram on my phone....

Cmon man. His HS coach isn’t going to spoil his announcement on twitter. Look at the combine twitter page and see how many times they use the hashtag #goatlife

You could have solved this in 15 seconds

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Cmon man. His HS coach isn’t going to spoil his announcement on twitter. Look at the combine twitter page and see how many times they use the hashtag #goatlife

You could have solved this in 15 seconds

Yeah...well..wishful thinking on my part I guess..