Recruiting Silas Demary Jr.: Closed

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Any chance Silas' decision to go ahead and announce this week might be tied to the Mike Williams visit? As in, various involved parties said they needed answers in order to move forward?

I would not be surprised. Silas and Mike follow each other on IG.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221003-111713_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221003-111713_Instagram.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20221003-111840_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221003-111840_Instagram.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 4

duncanlamb

Elite Member

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Silas's pops likes and retweets positive mentions of his son from every possible direction, as he should. He's a proud poppa. Wouldn't read much into that.

I'll repeat all I know: we are in it. We probably aren't favorites, but we have a legit shot. If Silas wants to go where he is most wanted and valued, he'll pick VCU, and I think he knows that.

Last edited:

ramluvr99

Insider
Silas's pops likes and retweets positive mentions of his son from every possible direction, qas he should. He's a proud poppa. Wouldn't read much into that.

I'll repeat all I know: we are in it. We probably aren't favorites, but we have a legit shot. If Silas wants to go where he is most wanted and valued, he'll pick VCU, and I think he knows that.
I think that when it comes down to decision time it is hard to turn that down. usc and state (state not as much lol) must be fun to romanticize, but when you really get down to the nitty gritty and start comparing schools I think we make the most sense. im cautiously optimistic.

Ramdog

Elite Member
Here's some anecdotal evidence. Mike Rhoades and Silas Demary Jr. follow each other on twitter right now. The same cannot be said Kevin Keatts( NC state HC) or Andy Enfield (USC HC).

Also, Silas's dad follows about 2 dozen VCU rams fans on twitter. Silas Jr. Follows about dozen. The same cannot be said for either the NC state fans or USC fanbase.

Now USC and NC state have the NIL..who knows? Maybe it's. not all about the money this time.
So it’s about twitter not money?

Ramlove81

Elite Member
So it’s about twitter not money?
No, it's about fit and money. Which one is most important or weighs most. I can't say he sees us as the best fit, but some things he has said sure make it look that way (at least to me with my black and gold glasses on). Will that win out if another school can offer him a lot more NIL? Who knows. I'm still hopeful, but I guess that's my nature.

MrVCU - 6thRam

Elite Member
Ask Bones’ accountant about his decision to go to VCU for two years and if that was the right decision. I know Bones didn’t have the same level of offers as Silas, but a kid can make some NIL money here and can we develop him to make NBA money?? Most definitely. Naive take maybe, but there is proof that the path is not wrong and you’ll be loved and admired forever after leaving VCU……..

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Ask Bones’ accountant about his decision to go to VCU for two years and if that was the right decision. I know Bones didn’t have the same level of offers as Silas, but a kid can make some NIL money here and can we develop him to make NBA money?? Most definitely. Naive take maybe, but there is proof that the path is not wrong and you’ll be loved and admired forever after leaving VCU……..
Apparently, Jayden Nunn is going to the NBA Draft after this year. That would be 3 for VCU and none for NC state since Keatts became their head coach.

I mean he did a bang up job with Lavar Batts.

vcu_baum

Elite Member
Apparently, Jayden Nunn is going to the NBA Draft after this year. That would be 3 for VCU and none for NC state since Keatts became their head coach.

I mean he did a bang up job with Lavar Batts.
No guarantees Nunn leaves for draft but he’s on bleacher reports and sports illustrated mock drafts in the second round. How his season goes will determine that.

Also Keatts just got seabron into the nba (not via draft) but still got him into the nba and their sophomore guard Terquavion Smith is a projected lottery pick for this upcoming draft. So don’t completely take them out just yet

duncanlamb

Elite Member
No guarantees Nunn leaves for draft but he’s on bleacher reports and sports illustrated mock drafts in the second round. How his season goes will determine that.

Also Keatts just got seabron into the nba (not via draft) but still got him into the nba and their sophomore guard Terquavion Smith is a projected lottery pick for this upcoming draft. So don’t completely take them out just yet
Well. In that case, we can throw in Troy Daniels, Justin Tilllman, Treveon Graham, Briante Weber.

If you compare out athletic budget to NCState's, our coaching staff's have more effective than theirs.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Well. In that case, we can throw in Troy Daniels, Justin Tilllman, Treveon Graham, Briante Weber.

If you compare out athletic budget to NCState's, our coaching staff's have more effective than theirs.

If you are going to throw previous coaching staffs into the mix, then VCU can't hold a candle to NC State regarding players making it to the NBA, or currently in the NBA.

Current NBA players:
Dennis Smith
Doreon Seabron
T.J. Warren
Omer Yurtseven

duncanlamb

Elite Member
If you are going to throw previous coaching staffs into the mix, then VCU can't hold a candle to NC State regarding players making it to the NBA, or currently in the NBA.
Yeah. I'm mixing apples with oranges...

However if it's keatts vs Rhoades(the came in the same year).. no contest...Rhoades by a long shot.