Recruiting Silas Demary Jr.: Closed

The dude you're talking about has adopted turd in the punch bowl as his persona here. Don't let him wind you up too much.
I think you're being too generous to a lot of posters here. A lot of folks think that 4* recruits are taking in hundreds of thousands of dollars for NIL. While I'm sure there are a few recruits that are pulling that much in college, Zions are the exception, not the rule.

We landed two recruits at this level this time last year
Again that’s not a regular thing still. Tbf Shaka didn’t do it either. I’m just saying quite simply we have backs against the wall especially with the NIL where we are against football money trying to pull in 4-5 stars. It was hard before convincing these recruits to come. It just became more difficult. Lucky for us stars don’t always mean much. If we’re being honest Jordan who was a 4 star did not outperform Bradford who didn’t get near the same hype.
Money? Okay. How much are you betting he's getting?
well SMU paid their football team 50,000 each I believe? USC has seriously deep pockets so could be 3x that if not more possibly. I mean look at what Texas A&M did. They couldn’t recruit for crap and then NIL came and they recruited like a top 5 class immediately.

well SMU paid their football team 50,000 each I believe? USC has seriously deep pockets so could be 3x that if not more possibly. I mean look at what Texas A&M did. They couldn’t recruit for crap and then NIL came and they recruited like a top 5 class immediately.
The estimates are P5 football is with between 4 to 20 times as valuable as basketball, but you think a non-blue blood basketball team is going to pay more than that top end of an SEC football team?

Last edited:
The estimates are P5 football is with between 4 to 20 times as valuable as basketball, but you think a non-blue blood basketball team is going to pay more than that top end of an SEC football team?

USC has the money of a blue blood. It’s one of the richest private schools with a very large and wealthy fanbase (And celebs that went there or sent kids there.). There’s no limitations on NIL. If their alum will fund it they can pay whatever they have to. One thing is for certain is quite simply VCU can not beat USC in a money battle which likely that was a big hurdle for us. That’s of course assuming the reports now are true that he picked usc.

VRam

Elite Member
This is beyond stupid. I’m done looking for updates. Families and recruits look at this stuff. Being dysfunctional doesn’t help when you’re down to being one of two choices for a recruit. Thought VCU fans were better than what I’ve seen of late. I mean c’mon man
He's a Mason fan.lol

Mr. X

Elite Member
Insider
I would just like for a recruiting thread about a player to just be about the player we are targeting instead of every person they are following on twitter, what they had for lunch, and who they dated in elementary school.

Last edited: