Recruiting Silas Demary Jr.: Closed

Here is my thing on the money/NIL issue. It cannot become an excuse. If VCU wants a player they need to get them because excuses don't fill the roster. I know P5s have an advantage but last time I checked VCU is a great place to play. It is a good program with two players drafted in the last two years. Gotta figure this thing out.
It's funny because some on here are already blaming nil money not only before he commits, but also without knowing how much these recruits are getting and how much of that is school dependent.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
I suppose I'll take time from the Phillies/Cards game for the 3pm announcement...We're in it until we aren't....regardless, MR and Staff doin all the right things in the recruiting world.

We've been doing pretty well recruiting the last few years though. It's usually us or Dayton on top of the A10 in recruiting year after year. We just signed two top-100 4*'s last year lol. We're going to miss on most recruits, every school does.

Not saying it’s not impressive that VCU and Dayton lead recruiting every year but honestly given the money/resources both pour in we definitely should be. More so Dayton though as they have alot more money than everyone else in their athletics. St Louis and another program that’s not ringing a bell now are pretty close to us. Under Shaka we were top 50 (40 something.) in revenue and we’re becoming a money machine. If we get back to regularly making NCAAs and packing Siegel we could definitely get there again. I think we’re now 70s?

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Their football attendance is also terrible lol. USC sports in general has terrible attendance unless they're national contenders. Their stadium holds 77,000 fans and I don't think they've filled it in years.
They haven't been good in years. We'll see what happens with Riley, right now I think they are way over rated, probably third to fifth best in a surprisingly solid PAC so far this year.

I think you're being too generous to a lot of posters here. A lot of folks think that 4* recruits are taking in hundreds of thousands of dollars for NIL. While I'm sure there are a few recruits that are pulling that much in college, Zions are the exception, not the rule.
I would think 10-15k per year is enough to sway ANY 4* and under recruit. If all else is apples to apples.