Recruiting Silas Demary Jr.: Decision Friday, October 7th at 3 PM EST!!!

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Keep posting. I like your posts. Most probably get something good out of it. You post a lot with a shotgun approach at times, but it’s good reading.

I appreciate the encouragement. Posting the recruitment section became a way for me to stay sane during tough times especially during the pandemic...not being able to see my mother in person. I have an addictive personality, this recruitment and the forum were a harmless addiction.

The crutches served their purpose in terms of coping. Now I have to put them away and move on. I am always grateful for this place.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
I appreciate the encouragement. Posting the recruitment section became a way for me to stay sane during tough times especially during the pandemic...not being able to see my mother in person. I have an addictive personality, this recruitment and the forum were a harmless addiction.

The crutches served their purpose in terms of coping. Now I have to put them away and move on. I am always grateful for this place.
Yeah DL. Keep on with the shrooms and the posts, I know I like it it as most of us probably do. Just remember aside from your Mom, Mason sucks!

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Yeah DL. Keep on with the shrooms and the posts, I know I like it it as most of us probably do. Just remember aside from your Mom, Mason sucks!

I would root for mason's Spanish department but it's has been worse than basketball team since my mother retired.

HTTRams!

Elite Member
I gladly answer that. My mother was one of the first women professors at George Mason back. She taught there and was the head of the Spanish department; she actually helped my high school Spanish teacher get his doctorate. It is point of pride for me. Anyway my mother is still alive and 98. But her memory is going fast, she is having a hard time recognizing any more..it's sucks to say the least. I love my mother. Even though I am married and love my wife, my mother is still the center of my being.

I grew up on that campus when it was still all trees. Being a mason for me now in my older years is more about a feeling a connection for who my mother was rather she is now

I am trying a find a way to a stay connected to her before she does not recognize me anymore.
Tho some may disagree, you didn't need to owe us an explanation. I was aware your fandom was tied to your mother being a teacher, but I hope the details behind it puts some of the detractors to bed because that was touching man.

That being said, if you do continue to post, try not to post irrelevant info please. I, for one, look to this forum for a lot of our news and to spend time reading useless stuff is time that could be spent elsewhere. I imagine that's the case for many who visit and I just ask that you be mindful of what you post and ask yourself, is this really useful? It may not always be perfect, I am well aware of that, but I think you can pick up on what I am putting down. In the end, I appreciate your efforts.

rammed

Elite Member
Tho some may disagree, you didn't need to owe us an explanation. I was aware your fandom was tied to your mother being a teacher, but I hope the details behind it puts some of the detractors to bed because that was touching man.

You can usually tell when someone means well (DL). Some people, on the other hand, are just jerks.

rampart

Elite Member
On a related topic, I understand am all in with hating ODU basketball, as well as UVA and UR. I don't understand the animus that others express toward GMU. The school has some similarities to VCU, they've been with us in the CAA and A10. Their band always competed well with us. They brought a Final four to the CAA. I've thought we had a friendly competition with them and we've certainly had our share of wins against them, including some big wins that put us in the NCAA tourney. Am I missing something?

Mercury

Elite Member
On a related topic, I understand am all in with hating ODU basketball, as well as UVA and UR. I don't understand the animus that others express toward GMU. The school has some similarities to VCU, they've been with us in the CAA and A10. Their band always competed well with us. They brought a Final four to the CAA. I've thought we had a friendly competition with them and we've certainly had our share of wins against them, including some big wins that put us in the NCAA tourney. Am I missing something?

The only two rivals I hate are ODU and Mason. I went to Vcu from 04-08 so Richmond was an after thought and Mason was right there behind ODU. UR is another game to me but I live(d) for the ODU and Mason games.

Their fans are the worst and a trip to Fairfax back in those days always resulted in some bs from their fans. All the BS that came with the CAAZone probably plays a part as well.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
Only the fact that they suck.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
I gladly answer that. My mother was one of the first women professors at George Mason back. She taught there and was the head of the Spanish department; she actually helped my high school Spanish teacher get his doctorate. It is point of pride for me. Anyway my mother is still alive and 98. But her memory is going fast, she is having a hard time recognizing any more..it's sucks to say the least. I love my mother. Even though I am married and love my wife, my mother is still the center of my being.

I grew up on that campus when it was still all trees. Being a mason for me now in my older years is more about a feeling a connection for who my mother was rather she is now

I am trying a find a way to a stay connected to her before she does not recognize me anymore.

@duncanlamb, don't let some of these fools get under your skin. It's a message board. You just be you. If they don't like your posts, they can put you on "Ignore". If they have problems with your posts and don't put you on "Ignore", then they are the ones with problems.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member

On the old CAA Zone message boards, fmason fans were some of the most obnoxious posters on the boards. They clearly had an inferior complex until they went to the Final Four. At that point, they became arrogant jacka$$es, especially to VCU fans. They deserve all of the hatred VCU fans can/will give them.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
On the old CAA Zone message boards, fmason fans were some of the most obnoxious posters on the boards. They clearly had an inferior complex until they went to the Final Four. At that point, they became arrogant jacka$$es, especially to VCU fans. They deserve all of the hatred VCU fans can/will give them.
I also think there is some resentment about how badly they fumbled away the capital they garnered for the league by getting to the FF. It was obviously mostly a shame for them, but it also was a valuable opportunity for the league that they gagged on.

rampart

Elite Member
okay, that's fair. thanks for clarifying. I'll add them to my list. I'm thinking of adding UNC as well.