Recruiting Silas Demary Jr.

duncanlamb

Elite Member

@duncanlamb Listen to what Silas has to say about the VCU fan attention. The recruits see how passionate our fanbase is so you don't have to worry about us not being passionate.

I already know..I joined this live last Friday. I've pretty much been replying to every silas related to vcuhoops and ramnation on silas for the last 8 months..

Really DB got it rolling with both freddie and silas on Saturday. Once he isolated this clip and I replied with the remarks on silas defensive acumen then ramnation started tweeting all over the place on silas and freddie.

Last edited:

vcu_baum

Elite Member
D5ECB24C-D7B5-4D9E-A2B6-D2294C4DB73B.jpeg
3E850DD8-CF53-45F0-B7D7-4BA89780A321.jpeg

Silas has moved up a lot on the on3 rankings that were updated today. Now #61 on their national rankings for 2023

duncanlamb

Elite Member

SILAS DEMARY | CG | 6-3, 180-POUNDS | UNDECIDED​

11185524.jpeg
(Photo: NBPA)

Current Star Rating: Three-Star
Current Ranking: No. 113 Overall

Silas Demary has really made a significant jump over the last year in his development and it's bound to pay off in the next batch of rankings. He was one of the more consistent performers this July playing with Team Curry and his recruitment has paid off because of it.
The 6-foot-3 combo guard impacts the game in a variety of ways from his instincts and IQ, to his playmaking and facilitating, to his defense and positional rebounding and of course his scoring.
One big reason he has made a jump is the improvement in his athleticism where he can beat guys off the dribble, has the strength to shield off defenders and also has terrific body control when attacking the rim.
He's improved as a shooter as well but is an area for him to continue improving in which will make him a nice splash for whichever school lands him.
Recruitment: Demary had schools including St. John's and VCU on him hard early but since his play this summer, Tennessee, USC and NC State have all jumped into the picture and have been gaining a lot of traction.

duncanlamb

Elite Member

VCU: “I just like the coaches, really. I’ve been up there a couple of times and enjoyed my stay all of the times I’ve been there. They have a family atmosphere."
NC State: “It’s really home. They’re 20 to 25 minutes away from my house. Just the fact that it’s close, and anytime I have a bad game or want to get to my family it’s right there.”
Georgia: “They’re on me hard, and they’re an SEC school. They just really like my game and like how I fit their system.”
Tennessee: “It’s really good. The relationship that I have with coach Rick Barnes and coach (Justin) Gainey is outstanding. I like them a lot and talk with them a lot. They have a plan for me if I were to go there.”
USC: “Same thing, they have a plan for me. They say if I were to come, I’d have a chance to compete for a starting spot. They really just think highly of me.”
St. John’s: “Coach Mike (Anderson) and coach (TJ) Cleveland, I really like them. It’s New York, so they said that there’s everything you’d like and more up there.”
Visit plans: “I have an official visit set to USC on Sept. 3. That’s the only one I have planned as of now, but I’m pretty sure I'll have more in the coming weeks. I’ve been talking to Kansas a lot, so I really want to visit that campus. I think I might get up to Georgia and Tennessee for a football game as well.”
Decision timeline: “I’ve talked about it, but I’m not sure. I’m thinking before the high school season, but depending on how I take my recruitment, I’m not too sure. I’ll probably make a list before I make an announcement.”

*****​

RIVALS' REACTION​

As we head toward the final stretch of this recruitment, Tennessee and NC State have positioned themselves well, but USC has turned up the heat and Demary’s family is used to California living. Silas’ father played arena football in California, and Silas himself spent the early years of his life in the state.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/stock-trending-upward-for-silas-demary-jr-