Recruiting Silas Demary Jr.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Someone said that USC/LA is much more attractive than VCU/RVA for Silas and I just said I would take VCU/RVA. Then a lot of commenters who knows nothing besides what LA is like outside of what they've seen in their Hallmark movies started responding.
Hallmark movies...LOL yeah, that bastion of reality.

Hallmark movies...LOL yeah, that bastion of reality.
They never have a bad ending. I wouldn't know, but this is what my wife tells me.

Did you see the one where the pretty young wife's husband was ignoring her because all he cared about was his career? Then he left her just before Christmas. Then she met a nice man, who besides raising two young children on his own because his wife recently passed, was working at the Christmas tree farm trying to raise money for the children at the orphanage so that they might have a nice Christmas.

Dude thing - don't like any message that mentions Hallmark movie.

Last edited:

RAMification

Elite Member
How many times does it need to be pointed out that this is a recruiting thread and a recruiting thread about a particular player at that. It is extremely unproductive and unwise to interrupt this thread with comparisons about the level of crime in two cities on opposite coasts and in specific murder rates. Recruits and their families peruse over these threads and more often than you think. This is not conjecture but rather a statement of fact. Those who want to discuss crime/murder rates and other societal problems need to do so on a more germane thread with respect to that topic. A really bad look for Ramnation.

zackry93

Elite Member
Insider
Did you see the one where the pretty young wife's husband was ignoring her because all he cared about was his career? Then he left her just before Christmas. Then she met a nice man, who besides raising two young children on his own because his wife recently passed, was working at the Christmas tree farm trying to raise money for the children at the orphanage so that they might have a nice Christmas.

Dude thing - don't like any message that mentions Hallmark movie.
I bet her name Holly or something "Christmassy" and the small town she was in always had a big Christmas festival where to cheer her up her mom got her to pick out the town Christmas tree. I both hate and look forward to those Hallmark Christmas movies.

How many times does it need to be pointed out that this is a recruiting thread and a recruiting thread about a particular player at that. It is extremely unproductive and unwise to interrupt this thread with comparisons about the level of crime in two cities on opposite coasts and in specific murder rates. Recruits and their families peruse over these threads and more often than you think. This is not conjecture but rather a statement of fact. Those who want to discuss crime/murder rates and other societal problems need to do so on a more germane thread with respect to that topic. A really bad look for Ramnation.
I disagree. What's harmful is saying LA is the best place to be for an 18 year old basketball player because (a) VCU isnt in LA and (b) it's not true. I think the folks posting the RVA crime hyperboles are in the wrong, but talking about the very real issues of other areas is beneficial to allow recruits to have a more balanced perspective given I'm sure the folks at USC and their fans pump CA sunshine down their recruits throats as they neglect to mention that the sunshine is actually a forest fire.

And for reference, I would have a better opinion of USCs neighborhood if it was in San Diego.

Last edited:
I disagree. What's harmful is saying LA is the best place to be for an 18 year old basketball player because (a) VCU isnt in LA and (b) it's not true. I think the folks posting the RVA crime hyperboles are in the wrong, but talking about the very real issues of other areas is beneficial to allow recruits to have a more balanced perspective given I'm sure the folks at USC and their fans pump CA sunshine down their recruits throats as they neglect to mention that the sunshine is actually a forest fire.

And for reference, I would have a better opinion of USCs neighborhood if it was in San Diego.
I think the idea that a college athlete at either college should feel endanger because of crime is a little ridiculous and has it roots in fear based rhetoric designed to dehumanize marginalized groups. (don't want to turn this into politics so this is the last thing ill say on the issue. also we are all ram fans. it is important to remember)

LA is a big city. Any city has its bad and it’s good but pretending like one of the more famous big cities on the Pacific that has everything from nightlife to cliff side beaches is not enticing for a teen is just looking through gold glasses. Could he pick VCU? Absolutely. However if he went there it’s understandable. Nevermind it’s a top private university. Also simply trying to say LA is only enticing because of the weather is downplaying the area like heck. Yeah traffic sucks and what not but no one will ever run out of things to do there.

As far as crime throwing stones in glass houses. NBC 12 main headline last night was violent night in RVA as multiple people were shot in a few hours.

BGDragoon80

Insider
LA is a big city. Any city has its bad and it’s good but pretending like one of the more famous big cities on the Pacific that has everything from nightlife to cliff side beaches is not enticing for a teen is just looking through gold glasses. Could he pick VCU? Absolutely. However if he went there it’s understandable. Nevermind it’s a top private university. Also simply trying to say LA is only enticing because of the weather is downplaying the area like heck. Yeah traffic sucks and what not but no one will ever run out of things to do there.

As far as crime throwing stones in glass houses. NBC 12 main headline last night was violent night in RVA as multiple people were shot in a few hours.
His parents will influence where he commits! They will weigh the pros and cons to help him decide. Give it a rest comparing cities and the crime rates.

His parents will influence where he commits! They will weigh the pros and cons to help him decide. Give it a rest comparing cities and the crime rates.

Fine but I’m not the one who started the whole “what’s so great about LA Vs Richmond?”. Some of our fans need to take off their black and gold glasses where Richmond is Atlantis. As far as who influences him well he’s a big kid and about to be an adult. I’m sure he can decide for himself. He’s the one who has live with it. You are talking about where a player wants to spend possibly 4 years of his life that he’s probably visited a few times and maybe even settle down after depending on their plans. Yes Richmond has great things but so do other cities.

Seems like you want to live in that show Laguna Beach. Why don't you love out to that lovely paradise adjacent skid row?

Yes, LA has some nice attributes but my whole point is that people including you like to idolize LA and degenerate RVA. As someone who has spent time in both-including recently-I can say I'd take RVA in a heart beat if I were in a normal college students shoes. LA is sprawling, and those beaches can take hours to get to, and the night life there is more pompous than other large cities and quite expensive for college students.

Seems like you want to live in that show Laguna Beach. Why don't you love out to that lovely paradise adjacent skid row?

Yes, LA has some nice attributes but my whole point is that people including you like to idolize LA and degenerate RVA. As someone who has spent time in both-including recently-I can say I'd take RVA in a heart beat if I were in a normal college students shoes. LA is sprawling, and those beaches can take hours to get to, and the night life there is more pompous than other large cities and quite expensive for college students.

We get it you’ve spent time in both. Guess what some of us have also. I have family in SoCal. I’ve spent plenty of time from LA to SD. I rarely go up near San Fran as that city is the dirtiest one I think I’ve visited tbh. Last I checked all you talk about is skid row here. Pretty much every post about LA so far. You know there’s like a entire other part of the city right? Last I checked I said there good and bad parts of LA and RVA. I wouldn’t go to Skid Row like I wouldn’t go to Gilpen court. You say I’m tearing down RVA and idolizing LA. Well what do you consider your posts trashing LA based on one section while speaking highly of RVA?

We get it you’ve spent time in both. Guess what some of us have also. I have family in SoCal. I’ve spent plenty of time from LA to SD. I rarely go up near San Fran as that city is the dirtiest one I think I’ve visited tbh. Last I checked all you talk about is skid row here. Pretty much every post about LA so far. You know there’s like a entire other part of the city right? Last I checked I said there good and bad parts of LA and RVA. I wouldn’t go to Skid Row like I wouldn’t go to Gilpen court. You say I’m tearing down RVA and idolizing LA. Well what do you consider your posts trashing LA based on one section while speaking highly of RVA?
Do you know where USC is located? Because you seem to think it's on a beach. And I'm pretty skeptical you've spent that much time in LA, at least recently.