Recruiting Silas Demary Jr.

vcu_baum

Elite Member
The article is only talking about “high major” schools. I don’t think he purposefully left out vcu. I think it’s just the recruiting site only focusing on p5 schools because that’s just what they do 🤷🏽‍♂️

duncanlamb

Elite Member

Defensive Player​

6-3 PG Silas Demary, Jr., Team Curry
It is no secret Silas Demary, Jr. is an elite defensive guard. His instincts and ability to create turnovers are second to none, from the guard position, on this circuit. Where On3’s No. 96 player enhanced his stock, here was playing the point guard. His handle and ability to take care of the ball were impressive. Demary, Jr. touched the paint, and he made reads. His defense is what got him his ranking and his On3 Awards nod, but his consistent play as a point guard will be what wins him a lot of games in college.
Status: Offers from VCU, Providence, St. John’s, Texas A&M, etc.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Here we go!!! I know everyone is excited about Freddie but silas is nothing to sneeze at. He's a 4* and ranked #96 on ON3 which is Fatts Billups territory.

Dillione and Demary both play in Team Curry this summer in UAA. They will play WER1 so we will get to see a much between 4 2023 high sought after VCU targets.

Dilione and Demary vs. Jackson and Haugh.

Best on Defense​

6-5 PG Silas Demary, Jr., Combine Academy

Silas Demary, Jr.
is a winner; in this NIL age, you can go ahead and print the t-shirts. Even in an all-star type setting, Demary, Jr. takes defense seriously. If an opposing player scored two in a row, he would demand to switch on to them. Demary, Jr. has a physical frame with great anticipation and a want-to. That is what makes him a winner; what bleeds through his various teams is Demary, Jr.’s willingness to do the tough guy stuff.

Demary, Jr. also went three for four from beyond the arc in this game and finished with 18 points. He handled the ball, touched the paint, and made plays. Demary, Jr. has lost five games total
over the last two high school seasons and two travel ball seasons on the UAA circuit. He has won a state championship and a UAA championship in those two calendar years.

Recruitment: Plans to set visits with VCU, St. John’s, Loyola-Chicago, and Providence.

Last edited:

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Here we go!!! I know everyone is excited about Freddie but silas is nothing to sneeze at. He's a 4* and ranked #96 on ON3 which is Fatts Billups territory.

Dillione and Demary both play in Team Curry this summer in UAA. They will play WER1 so we will get to see a much between 4 2023 high sought after VCU targets.

Best on Defense​

Silas Demary, Jr.
is a winner; in this NIL age, you can go ahead and print the t-shirts. Even in an all-star type setting, Demary, Jr. takes defense seriously. If an opposing player scored two in a row, he would demand to switch on to them. Demary, Jr. has a physical frame with great anticipation and a want-to. That is what makes him a winner; what bleeds through his various teams is Demary, Jr.’s willingness to do the tough guy stuff.

Demary, Jr. also went three for four from beyond the arc in this game and finished with 18 points. He handled the ball, touched the paint, and made plays. Demary, Jr. has lost five games total
over the last two high school seasons and two travel ball seasons on the UAA circuit. He has won a state championship and a UAA championship in those two calendar years.

Recruitment: Plans to set visits with VCU, St. John’s, Loyola-Chicago, and Providence.
h3ll yeah!

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member

Best on Defense​

Silas Demary, Jr.

Interesting that the planned visits are to three Catholic schools and then VCU. It will also be interesting to watch Loyola-Chicago recruiting going forward and how often they cross the recruiting trail with A-10 schools, particularly VCU.

duncanlamb

Elite Member

"Silas Demary, Jr. is the No. 96 ranked player in On3’s 2022 class. The 6-foot-5 lead guard has led his teams to a state championship and a UAA championship over the last 18 months, going 72-3 heading into this
travel ball season.

“I’m an all-around player,” Demary, Jr. told On3. “I’m a lead guard, can get my teammates involved; I can score the ball. I try to watch as many guys who play both sides of the ball as Marcus Smart and Jayson Tatum; like their leadership and how they lead their team.”

College coaches have taken notice and started to prioritize him. On3 caught up with Silas Demary, Jr. to see what visits he was planning to take.

haven’t taken any visits yet,” Demary, Jr. said. “I am planning official visits for June; I’ll go to VCU, St. John’s, Loyola-Chicago, and Providence.”

Demary, Jr. talks recruitment​

VCU: “The relationship I have built with them, they have really shown me that I am a priority for them. They are a team who gets out and runs fast. I think I fit in well; they like to score in transition a lot.”

Demary, Jr.’s take​

“I’m going to be looking at the relationships,” Demary, Jr. said. “I’ll be talking to the coaches and talking with the players there. Ask a lot of questions about the school, the team, their vision, things like that; see what they’re all about. I’ll be checking out the overall environment. I’m an extroverted guy, and I want to see around the city and the atmosphere.

On3’s take​

Demary is a high-level defender, both on and off the ball. Great length. Excellent anticipation. He really competes at a high level. A combo guard on offense. Not a paint touch PG, but he can get you into sets and sees the floor well. He is an aggressive downhill scorer. Great in transition. Solid athlete. Would like to see him continue to tighten the jump shot. State champion. UAA champion.

Demary, Jr.’s On3 NIL Valuation​

2023 four-star Silas Demary, Jr.’s current On3 NIL Valuation is $10,400. This valuation ranks Demary, Jr. 113th in high school basketball

Last edited: