Recruiting Silas Demary Jr.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
With Coach Rhoades and Jamal Brunt in attendance to at NBPA Top 100 camp, Silas played so consistently and well over the last 3 days that he was ranked one of the top 10 and made the camp all star team. We're talking amongst the best players in the country!

Now he's gonna start blowing up with power 5 offers as Tennessee offered tonight!

https://twitter.com/Recruitingtalk1/status/1543017293520805888?t=tS7IwnJlUao9x-Rg5En7bQ&s=19

duncanlamb

Elite Member

It’s not that Silas Demary Jr. had a grand plan aimed at showing all of the college coaches why they should offer him a scholarship. He didn’t retweet some cryptic message whining about being underrated and absent in the top 100 of national recruiting rankings, and he didn’t care to check the NBPA Top 100 Camp’s roster beforehand to see who he’d match up against.

I just focused on me,” Demary says. “That’s the only part I have full control over.”

By the end of the Top 100 Camp, widely regarded as the most competitive camp of the summer, Demary’s tunnel-vision approach earned him one of just 10 spots on the camp’s All-Star team.

“To be named in the top 10 at the top camp where most of the players are ranked above me at different outlets felt good, I won’t lie,” Demary says. “My phone has been more active since last week for sure.”

News travels faster when you’re starring among stars.

dsilvester

Elite Member
Hey @duncanlamb . Is he still on campus? If not update the post title please. If we trust you with the power to run this side of the forum. Please keep it up to date and clean. Thanks!

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Hey @duncanlamb . Is he still on campus? If not update the post title please. If we trust you with the power to run this side of the forum. Please keep it up to date and clean. Thanks!
Lol, that's your first mistake.....trusting DL.

Aside from this article which happen to come up on my Google feed, I am out of the recruit following business.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
Well, I for one appreciated the work you did. You def post a lot of irrelevant crap, but def a lot of useful info too. Will miss your recruiting news.
Just check the Mason board.

HTTRams!

Elite Member
Just check the Mason board.

Anything in particular I should be on the lookout for? I am aware that he's also a Mason fan, which to me is so stupid, but hey man....we do get some good info on recruits from him. Can he be beyond annoying? Sure, but I like seeing news about recruits. Just wish he would dial it back a bit and only post relevant information.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
Rhoades and staff offered him a year ago. He’s since blown up astronomically. Same with Dilione. They always seem to be on guys sooner then we hope we can fend off the P5s. That’s why when he gets an under the radar or surprise commit from Tre Clark, KaShawn, and hopefully Toibu Lawal, they usually turn out to make an impact. They have good eyes for talent.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Rhoades and staff offered him a year ago. He’s since blown up astronomically. Same with Dilione. They always seem to be on guys sooner then we hope we can fend off the P5s. That’s why when he gets an under the radar or surprise commit from Tre Clark, KaShawn, and hopefully Toibu Lawal, they usually turn out to make an impact. They have good eyes for talent.
Absolutely no faulting their scouting skills. We are always in early on these guys, building relationships. Gonna be difficult to land either at this point, to understate the challenge, but I am sure they aren't giving up

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Absolutely no faulting their scouting skills. We are always in early on these guys, building relationships. Gonna be difficult to land either at this point, to understate the challenge, but I am sure they aren't giving up

4 years ago, I was the one criticizing posters like 2012 for being excited about aau ball. Then I had a moment of introspection and decided to "stop knocking it and try it".

I got hooked and decided maybe lend to those like districtballer, 2012 and ramification and vcu heel a in getting the word out and excitement about our staff's efforts.

I held out as long as could...tredding water in the deep end inviting other posters to jump in and try drinking the kool-aid.

I don't blame anyone, there alot more important things in life. I finally decided to move on like everyone else.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
I am aware that he's also a Mason fan, which to me is so stupid, but hey man....

I gladly answer that. My mother was one of the first women professors at George Mason back. She taught there and was the head of the Spanish department; she actually helped my high school Spanish teacher get his doctorate. It is point of pride for me. Anyway my mother is still alive and 98. But her memory is going fast, she is having a hard time recognizing any more..it's sucks to say the least. I love my mother. Even though I am married and love my wife, my mother is still the center of my being.

I grew up on that campus when it was still all trees. Being a mason for me now in my older years is more about a feeling a connection for who my mother was rather she is now

I am trying a find a way to a stay connected to her before she does not recognize me anymore.

Last edited:

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
4 years ago, I was the one criticizing posters like 2012 for being excited about aau ball. Then I had a moment of introspection and decided to "stop knocking it and try it".

I got hooked and decided maybe lend to those like districtballer, 2012 and ramification and vcu heel a in getting the word out and excitement about our staff's efforts.

I held out as long as could...tredding water in the deep end inviting other posters to jump in and try drinking the kool-aid.

I don't blame anyone, there alot more important things in life. I finally decided to move on like everyone else.
Keep posting. I like your posts. Most probably get something good out of it. You post a lot with a shotgun approach at times, but it’s good reading.