Songs The Band Should Play 2022

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Havoc is/was BS. Always was.

The results were about the team. Not a marketing tool. Not the band. Not the Gold Rush Dancers. Not the fans or the Stu. Basketball is about the team. The rest is a gimmick.
Have you ever done anything where it involved performing in the public eye? When you are getting positive energy back from others you perform better. That's part of human nature. The band, the HAVOC brand, the crowd, the noise are all part of it. Yeah, none of that makes the outcome good if the team is not good, but it can make a good team even better.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
When Ryan was directing the band previously... he always had some surprises up his sleeve in terms of new songs, or surprise guests.. etc. Like when he had someone dress up like Miley Cyrus & get up there and perform wrecking ball. Or years ago when they used to do the Haka Chant.... among other things.

Ryan may not have been leading the band for the last several years... but I know hes still been around the game & I'm sure he still has some wit & tricks up his sleeve.

So I'm just gonna sit back & let it all be a surprise.

PhantomRam

Elite Member
Havoc is/was BS. Always was.

The results were about the team. Not a marketing tool. Not the band. Not the Gold Rush Dancers. Not the fans or the Stu. Basketball is about the team. The rest is a gimmick.
Heel, you are both right and wrong. You are right as far as YOU view the world, but very wrong when it comes the views of some. It's all part of the experience, gimmick or not. But it is true that the band did in fact get into the head of opposing coaches and teams (a few have said as much). Isn't this all part of what they collectively call "home court advantage"? (or home court disadvantage if you are an ODU fan).

rvaram

Elite Member
The beginning of corduroy by Pearl Jam is a great hype song but not sure how it would sound from a band

A modified shorter version of this would be the bomb! Make it happen Ryan!!!
That's what I had in mind! Just the first thirty, 45 seconds. I can hear everyone chanting "tell 'em they better run" and pointing at the visitors bench as the crowd sways back and forth!