Songs The Band Should Play 2022

VCJEW

Elite Member
Nothing gets me more hype than chris Cornell and tom morello. Dont know howd you'd pull off Cochise but it would be legit.

five alarm funk might be more band material but still awesome.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
One more old one, sorry, but I'm a geezer. Moody Blues, I'm Just a singer in a Rock and Roll Band

Ramlove81

Elite Member
For something very different, I bet no other college band is doing (maybe there's a good reason for that). The Gael, by Doogie Maclean. A really good orchestral version was in the movie the Last of the Mohicans.

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
I've always thought...VCU goes on a run, crowd gets into it...ya gotta play the chorus of this song...

It's also just a perfect pep band (or even better, marching band) song.

artRAMinMN

Elite Member
It already heavily utilizes an athletic band sound, and there is huge strategic potential to get carried viral by their huge very online "Army" fanbase...

TTL PKG

Elite Member
I've always thought...VCU goes on a run, crowd gets into it...ya gotta play the chorus of this song...

It's also just a perfect pep band (or even better, marching band) song.
Well you may or may not have the inside track on that one LOL

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Also since second line music has been a staple of the pep band, have we done "Got Fire" before? I feel like maaaybe we have, but I'm not sure. Either way, definitely some favorite party music I wouldn't mind hearing at the Stu with some sing-a-long potential...

Ramaholic

Elite Member
For something very different, I bet no other college band is doing (maybe there's a good reason for that). The Gael, by Doogie Maclean. A really good orchestral version was in the movie the Last of the Mohicans.
Back when we AG as our coach, there was a function in the Barkley Room for some donors and they played this song against a montage of VCU MBB players training and practicing. I have to say the way the music seems to speed sup and gets louder as the song progresses was very cool to accompany the video. I think this song works for game day.

TTL PKG

Elite Member
Also since second line music has been a staple of the pep band, have we done "Got Fire" before? I feel like maaaybe we have, but I'm not sure. Either way, definitely some favorite party music I wouldn't mind hearing at the Stu with some sing-a-long potential...

Bro you dont miss! Its kinda amazing! I thnk youre the new pep band director