News Story about Franklin Street Gym and VCU Basketball: Worth subscribing to The Athletic for

csalera

Top Member
Insider
Feb 19, 2017
In the old gym! I think the "New Gym" was not finished until the 1969-70 season. When one refers to the FSG, I think it means the "New Gym".
Phil, I played intramurals with some buddies during these years and we remember a fellow named Ed as running the games in the gym. Do you know who he was or is our memory faulty?

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
VCU to demolish Franklin Street Gym to make way for $121 million STEM building

If you go to the link at the RTD it has some very interesting pictures. One is of the artist’s rendering of the new STEM building that is to replace the FSG. Another is of former coach Will Wade meeting with his players in the FSG. I know some of you will get a kick out of that.

Reactions: RAMification

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
VCU to demolish Franklin Street Gym to make way for $121 million STEM building

If you go to the link at the RTD it has some very interesting pictures. One is of the artist’s rendering of the new STEM building that is to replace the FSG. Another is of former coach Will Wade meeting with his players in the FSG. I know some of you will get a kick out of that.

So glad the Virginia Department of Historic Resources didn't try to jam this project up by considering the Franklin Street Gym "historic."