Strength Coach Dan Roose coming back to VCU!!!!

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
He must have known that before he went to Texas. Probably best for the strength and conditioning coach to get while the getting is good. 🤷‍♀️
Maybe he wanted to see who it was on the other side. Pretty sure Texas Men's Basketball will be just fine. Hopefully Roose is happy and the guys are happy with him.

Reactions: SZQ VCU and RAM7889

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Just hope the change up between the two strength and conditioning coaches isn't too great. Nonetheless, good to have back someone who knows VCU and understands our culture and what is expected. And having been part of a major conference with major football, Roose has probably learned a few things (both basketball and football) that may be helpful for us. Also, glad to have someone coming in before or just as the current guy leaves is certainly a big plus and will help make the transition smoother

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
This is one guy Texas did not want to lose. Coach Roose was highly revered in Austin and in April had been awarded the title of Master Strength and Conditioning Coach from the College Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association. This is the highest honor in the field. He was instrumental in the rapid development of three big men at Texas in his four years who became 1st round draft picks. A highly regarded S&C Coach can have a substantial impact on recruiting. This is an area that is very important to potential recruits.

Great to have Coach Roose coming back. He will finish-up the summer training program at Texas before arriving in Richmond.
Mike Rhoades continues to attract and build one one of the best coaching staff's in the country

May 19, 2015
I am elated for Coach Roose to return and I wish the very best to Coach Brown! It is obvious that Coach Brown was a very successful Coach with our players. I mean the extraordinary transformations I saw were overwhelming, more like scary😳

May 28, 2019
While Texas basketball has not been up to par as a whole (love Shaka but those are the facts) the development of their big men have been incredible even for power 5 standards. Jarrett Allen, Mohamed Bamba, and Jaxson Hayes stories make a big difference when recruiting players like Obinna, Elijah Taylor, and Christian Fussell.

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I am elated for Coach Roose to return and I wish the very best to Coach Brown! It is obvious that Coach Brown was a very successful Coach with our players. I mean the extraordinary transformations I saw were overwhelming, more like scary😳
Be interesting to hear what their philosophical differences are with respect to size and strength gain methods.

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
While Texas basketball has not been up to par as a whole (love Shaka but those are the facts) the development of their big men have been incredible even for power 5 standards. Jarrett Allen, Mohamed Bamba, and Jaxson Hayes stories make a big difference when recruiting players like Obinna, Elijah Taylor, and Christian Fussell.
Most of those kids were going to be “one and done” regardless.......drafted on size/potential. They didn’t exactly tear it up at Texas. Allen/Hayes’ physiques weren’t particularly impressive. Shaquille Cleare certainly wasn’t in shape a few yrs back. Agree, though, with your basic premise.