STU Aisle Walkers/Stoppage in Play

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Though she has a profile here on ramnation she doesn't use it a lot, you'll see her here now and again and one or two in here have pointed at her being me oddly enough.. she has less tolerance for forums than I do.. she's here saying right now she wishes people would clean up everything after themselves no matter what. Seriously your food wrappers, your drink bottle, your nasty fake nachos trays, candy wrappers, everything.. do you do this in your own homes? We carry EVERYTHING to trash cans after games.
As do I Munchies. As do I.

Newboy

Top Member
Mar 2, 2014
I had a tall can of the Great Return at my seat. I waited for a stoppage in play to run to the bathroom before half and I got back to the SRO deck in time to see Jenkins long 3 before the buzzer. I had to say all of that because I am proud of myself.
I go to all the games but I usually only see about 10%. By the time I go to the restroom and get back to my seat,I just have to turn around and go back again.

isthisthedagger

Top Member
Oct 29, 2014
On a related note, had my shirt tugged from behind twice last night to sit down following a big play/moment. I made sure to only stand when the people in front of me stood, but that still wasn't satisfactory. Then they left at the under 4.

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
I go to all the games but I usually only see about 10%. By the time I go to the restroom and get back to my seat,I just have to turn around and go back again.
You need one of those Black and Gold Generic urinals.

Ramaste

Top Member
Mar 25, 2012
Early in the season, I noted my dissatisfaction with the rampant aisle walkers between Sec 22 and 23 to the person who supervises the ushers. He listened and appreciated the feedback. The situation improved over the next few games. But last night against LaSalle, we took 2 steps back. I think part of the problem is that there are a lot of new fans who are here for the one night experience...and not focused on the action and don't think about being mindful of those sitting around them. To them, its a social event like a cocktail party. Like going to see a concert at the National and standing on the risers behind the sound board..and all you want to do is talk real estate all night while Lou Reed is on stage...I'm still bitter about that. If, at the next game, its a problem....talk to the usher...if there is an insufficient response, find a supervisor. I will.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Early in the season, I noted my dissatisfaction with the rampant aisle walkers between Sec 22 and 23 to the person who supervises the ushers. He listened and appreciated the feedback. The situation improved over the next few games. But last night against LaSalle, we took 2 steps back. I think part of the problem is that there are a lot of new fans who are here for the one night experience...and not focused on the action and don't think about being mindful of those sitting around them. To them, its a social event like a cocktail party. Like going to see a concert at the National and standing on the risers behind the sound board..and all you want to do is talk real estate all night while Lou Reed is on stage...I'm still bitter about that. If, at the next game, its a problem....talk to the usher...if there is an insufficient response, find a supervisor. I will.
Im in 21.. will do.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
You need one of those Black and Gold Generic urinals.
giphy.gif

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
While we are on the topic of RMC/Security & such, while it is not dealing with Aisle Walkers.... I do have an issue I wanna bring up as well.

Doors open 90 mins before the game right? So for the love of the game..... Can RMC actually open up on time? Seriously!

Wednesday night was ridiculous on the West End Broad St doors. It was cold & windy, there's a group of like 20 of us that are lined up on the west side (where we line up every game), have our keys & phones ready to put in the bins to go through the metal detectors.... 5:30 hits... RMC is still just standing there.... finally 5 minutes later they let us in.

Like seriously, how many home games have we had this year (counting the B&G scrimmage & Exhibition)….. Why is it now, this far into the season RMC is still having issues letting us in ON TIME? Especially when its fricking cold outside. Fortunately, all of us regulars that try to get the crowd going on the West End side of the arena were able to get our usual seats.

But RMC needs to get their $#!t together!

Reactions: Ramcounter

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
I sit in section 2 and the aisle between sections 2 and 3 is absolutely the busiest walkway in arena. It seems most people ingressing or egressing the main floor use this aisle. The people associated with the athletic department congregate on the floor at the bottom of this aisle. They are constantly going up and down the aisle, probably to ensure that one of the hundred or so promotions we do a night is set up and on time. Add to this the late arrivers and early leavers to get to the suds in the Commonwealth Room. They are invariably late returning to their seats and then you have the really rude motherfudgers who always leave early. Add to that the fact there is a bathroom under the grandstands at the bottom of that aisle that can be accessed only when the teams are on the floor and you can see that it is a constant flow of persons going up and down that aisle.

The most galling however is the people from the athletic department using that aisle all game long. I would never advise anyone to sit in section 2, if they want to see the game, that is.

Finally, I am not one to discourage fans for standing during parts of the game. I will do that during player introductions, to applaud a player or team performance, to help spur the team on. I am a participant to that and feel it is part of the game. The effing aisle walkers are not however.

I actually choose my seats during the re-seating time with the aisle walkers in mind. The last two times I have done well in picking my seats to avoid this problem.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
While we are on the topic of RMC/Security & such, while it is not dealing with Aisle Walkers.... I do have an issue I wanna bring up as well.

Doors open 90 mins before the game right? So for the love of the game..... Can RMC actually open up on time? Seriously!

Wednesday night was ridiculous on the West End Broad St doors. It was cold & windy, there's a group of like 20 of us that are lined up on the west side (where we line up every game), have our keys & phones ready to put in the bins to go through the metal detectors.... 5:30 hits... RMC is still just standing there.... finally 5 minutes later they let us in.

Like seriously, how many home games have we had this year (counting the B&G scrimmage & Exhibition)….. Why is it now, this far into the season RMC is still having issues letting us in ON TIME? Especially when its fricking cold outside. Fortunately, all of us regulars that try to get the crowd going on the West End side of the arena were able to get our usual seats.

But RMC needs to get their $#!t together!
I may be wrong but isn’t that so that students can get into the Stu before the general public?

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
I may be wrong but isn’t that so that students can get into the Stu before the general public?

Students get in 15 minutes prior to the rest of us.... so if the game is at 7... Doors to everyone opens at 5:30, Doors to the Rowdies would open at 5:15.

But when it comes time for the doors to open for the general public.... they are notoriously bad at not opening on time.

Reactions: Ramcounter

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I actually choose my seats during the re-seating time with the aisle walkers in mind. The last two times I have done well in picking my seats to avoid this problem.
My seats these days have a great view without any sight lines going across an aisle. I made sure of it like you did. I tend to sit in different sections of the Stu due to friends texting me about sitting with them. I think I have watched from four different locations this season and all of the other seats I sit in do not have views that cross aisles in the sight lines. Oh, for the La Salle game I gave two guys my tickets as I was walking to the game. They asked me who VCU was playing and I said why don't you go and find out. They were real excited to see the game.