Supreme Court Decision on College Athlete compensation

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Professional athletes have large disparities in their salaries and still do their jobs. College athletes will do the same, especially if they have any interest in a future NFL career or not losing their scholarship for getting their QB killed.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Professional athletes have large disparities in their salaries and still do their jobs. College athletes will do the same, especially if they have any interest in a future NFL career or not losing their scholarship for getting their QB killed.
Virtually every pro athlete is very well compensated and it is a very small % of college athletes that will ”go pro”. the delta between the stars and the other players at colleges will be massive. Should cause some interesting situations. Chemistry is already a battle on teams ...add in the inequity in compensation between teammates...well ...should be fun watching the implosion.

Reactions: mike7842

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Virtually every pro athlete is very well compensated and it is a very small % of college athletes that will ”go pro”. the delta between the stars and the other players at colleges will be massive. Should cause some interesting situations. Chemistry is already a battle on teams ...add in the inequity in compensation between teammates...well ...should be fun watching the implosion.
I clearly have more faith in the professionalism of these guys than you do.

• Love
Reactions: TampaKAP

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Chemistry is already a battle on teams ...add in the inequity in compensation between teammates...well ...should be fun watching the implosion.
It could happen. Every place that I have ever worked since college had pay scales that were all over the place and everyone worked together.

• Love
Reactions: TampaKAP

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
One would have to be naïve to believe there wasn't already inequity in compensation between teammates at places like Alabama.

Players like Mac Jones and Tua didn't choose Alabama because of the campus. Those guys got paid to go there and they made more than the rest of the players.

Reactions: VCU Finance 2008
Dec 16, 2013
One would have to be naïve to believe there wasn't already inequity in compensation between teammates at places like Alabama.

Players like Mac Jones and Tua didn't choose Alabama because of the campus. Those guys got paid to go there and they made more than the rest of the players.
I am not naive to think that no players in college receive illegal compensation in some form but honestly don't think that the elite schools like Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame need to partake in that practice. I also think their are kids and parents that want to do it the right way too and raise their kids to do the right thing
When your school is on top of the heep they are under a microscope from their peers who will not hesitate to turn a school in for the slightest violation - kids that go to Alabama recognize it as one of the best paths to play football on Sundays - Saban gets talent ready to play at the next level (just imagine how competitive it is at their practices to compete for playing time)
Point simply is lets not paint all schools as cheating or correlate winning with cheating
and no I am not a Bama fan!

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
I am not naive to think that no players in college receive illegal compensation in some form but honestly don't think that the elite schools like Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame need to partake in that practice. I also think their are kids and parents that want to do it the right way too and raise their kids to do the right thing
When your school is on top of the heep they are under a microscope from their peers who will not hesitate to turn a school in for the slightest violation - kids that go to Alabama recognize it as one of the best paths to play football on Sundays - Saban gets talent ready to play at the next level (just imagine how competitive it is at their practices to compete for playing time)
Point simply is lets not paint all schools as cheating or correlate winning with cheating
The Last Boyscout.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Mar 27, 2009
4 Super Conferences (16 teams) with the biggest! Bye bye Big 12! You could do a P2 league; the NCAA's is full of them e.g. A10, AAC.

I dont know how many P5 teams there are, but they will realign. Hopefully relegation happens. Book it.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
At least the miami player that beat up his pregnant girlfriend has some bail money

good to be a professional

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
They became elite schools in elite conferences by partaking in that practice.