T-man

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
Terrible news. The T-man will definitely be missed. I had been in email contact with him this offseason about being on our podcast again and even joining us on the sideline next season for a game or two. Sad that that will never get to happen but I'll never forget that voice and look forward to walking in the Terry Sisisky Media Room next season for all the post games.

Other than the Richmond Coliseum, Terry is apart of my earliest VCU hoops memories with my dad constantly listening to the games on AM radio back in the day.

If anyone wants to hear that sweet voice again listen to our podcast interview we did with him here -----> http://www.vcuramnation.com/2008/11/int ... y-sisisky/ (his interview starts at about the 8:45 mark)

We'll miss ya Terry

Apr 21, 2009
Sad, sad day. He was a gentleman and always rose to the occasion for his job.

Maybe VCU will think about dedicating this season to the T-Man.

Apr 20, 2009
I remember listening to the T-Man back in the early 80s on WDYL in Chester. The station had a very weak signal. It wasn’t uncommon to have to adjust the antennae or dial to clear up the reception. I would sit there in anticipation of the broadcast beginning. Then I would hear Terry’s voice, “Hello, and a very pleasant and good evening to you from (wherever the game was being played).” It was like hearing the voice of a once close, but now distant friend.

The T-Man had a way of helping me visualize the game as if I was there. He would say things like “the Rams can still pull this one out, but they need to get a stop and a bucket on the other end now.” It was enough to make me yell at the radio, “Come on Rams!!!” like they could hear me. If he could sense a rally in the Rams, it gave me hope and I believed him.

Terry sometimes got excited when the other team scored. That irritated some people. I just took it as his passion for the game and getting caught up in the moment. Terry had a great passion for the Rams. It always sounded like he was as disgusted and hurt as I was when the Rams would lose one.

I never really met him. I thanked him once and told him how much I appreciated his broadcasts. He was very humble and thanked me for listening, but seemed embarrassed by me even thanking him.

You’ll be missed T-Man.

“We’ll be right back after this two-minute, two-minute timeout.”

Apr 20, 2009
I feel lucky to have heard him call so many road games. I've never had so much fun listening to the radio!

Love ya T-man, you will be missed.

Apr 20, 2009
You can make a convincing case for Terry being the "Greatest Ram Ever."

By comparison, players, coaches and administrators have only provided VCU with a fleeting taste of Rams' hoops. They whet your appetite, then move on. Terry was more like a decades long, sit-down, full-course dinner ... you could just pull up a chair anytime from 1980 to 2008 and break bread with the T-Man.

Consider: for much of his tenure, there was little in the way of TV exposure. Therefore, T-Man was The Voice - Rams' fans "connection" between their living rooms, cars, and so many games from so many faraway places.

Not long ago, the Los Angeles Times conducted a survey on the Greatest LA Dodger of all-time. Finishing third was the incomparable announcer, Vin Scully.

But in pro ball, a single athlete might stick around 10-15, even 20 years. College athletes and coaches, by nature, are little more than relay team - in an endless passing of the baton.

T-Man, by contrast, ran the whole race alone - without ever breaking stride.

It's time to hang up a new banner from The Siegel Center rafters.

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
bighorn said:
Consider: for much of his tenure, there was little in the way of TV exposure. Therefore, T-Man was The Voice - Rams' fans "connection" between their living rooms, cars, and so many games from so many faraway places.
Well put.

midloglen

Insider
May 7, 2009
The T-man's call of the Duke game still raises the hairs on my arms. He was awesome! He saw the game in the eyes of real fans. Its not very often you can pick up a change in a game by the tone of the announcers voice. Some days I could almost see that comeback or feel the drop off in play just by listening to the radio. Listening to those Sun Belt / Metro conference games really was fun. Fists clenched rocking on the sofa hoping to hang on for road wins was nerve racking and satisfying all at the same time. I always wondered how many times he couldn't talk the next day from all of the excitement of the call. God Bless You Terry Sisisky! You will certainly be missed.

Reactions: VCUBeatsduke

ramband

Insider
Apr 19, 2009
So well said Horn!

If Trani has a jersey retired in the rafters then the T-man definitely needs his name up there for all to remember!

RIP T-man, the eternal voice of the Rams!

Reactions: Ramlove81
Apr 21, 2009
artRAMinMN said:
As a long-distance Ram fan, the TMan was my primary link to the Rams for many years. His enthusiasm for the game and the program was sincere and passionate, and I feel that I owe him so much for all the Ram basketball enjoyment he brought to me over the airwaves and Internet. Rest in peace Terry.
Thanks art, this sums up my feelings as well. I loved the passion that Terry put into each and every broadcast. Many of his calls still give me chill bumps. He was truly a Ram great and will definitely be missed by this fan.

RamBo

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
The T-Man will truly be missed from this world. What a great guy. I am glad that I had a few chances to sit and talk with him. We'll miss you Buddy. Thanks for everything.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
Terry absolutely without question deserves a banner. I read this thread this morning and am still in shock.

Mar 14, 2010
Terry, may God bless and keep you, I will keep the great memories of your call of the games. It was like sitting in the stands with a buddy ( a buddy who had just downed a dozen redbulls) for not only did you give me the play by play, but the comments as well. Good and bad, as I type I can hear his voice about a missed free throw "and he missed it, oh you can't win when you miss so many" he sounded so down, just like I was because I love the rams and he did too. Of course the best are the wins, the screaming the lost voice the hitting octaves only dogs could hear because like me Terry loved the Rams and in the end it was me and a buddy watching the team we loved.