T-man

Jan 16, 2020
The T-Man used to broadcast Petersburg High School and the old Central District High School Basketball Tournament on WSSV radio. When he started doing Petersburg HS games, there was a player on the roster named Moses Malone which created the interest for the games to be broadcasted locally, and probably the birth of the T-Man's radio career.

RamFan84 - Malone finished at PHS in 1974 ... not sure The T Man was involved at that time, except perhaps as a fan .... Terry may have been more involved by late '70s when Mark West was the headliner .... on another note, I once competed against Terry and others in a softball home-run hitting contest at Lee Park in Petersburg. Terry, not exactly a long-ball hitter, swung from the left side, for those that didn't know.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Lee park was a short porch....you could buy liquor by the shot in the parking lot.

Mar 18, 2012
RamFan84 - Malone finished at PHS in 1974 ... not sure The T Man was involved at that time, except perhaps as a fan .... Terry may have been more involved by late '70s when Mark West was the headliner .... on another note, I once competed against Terry and others in a softball home-run hitting contest at Lee Park in Petersburg. Terry, not exactly a long-ball hitter, swung from the left side, for those that didn't know.
Over 35 years behind the mic. He stopped at VCU in 2010. I remember going to the Central District Tournament at PHS before Mark West came on the scene, (when Petersburg seemed to have an endless supply of Stovall's and Threatt's to run on the court) and the T-Man would be at court side calling the games. Either way, none the less, The T-Man would have been there. I really miss the man, in my opinion he's never been replaced.

Reactions: vcumad and enonram
Apr 20, 2009
Terry was so good at describing the action I could visualize the action on the floor, even the heavy breathing and the sweat drops hitting the floor.

Jan 16, 2020
Lee park was a short porch....you could buy liquor by the shot in the parking lot.

Lee Park, once the home of the USSSA, has symmetrical 300-foot fences .... On Sunday afternoons, the activity beyond those chain-link fences gets interesting .... perhaps that's what you mean by "liquor by the shot." And much more.