Team Ramnation (TBT 2019)

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I am trying my best to help those who put it on help it live on this year. There's simply not a lot of time, and this team ramnation thing takes a ton of work and a wee bit of support from everyone to keep it going. If we don't support it, it simply will not happen. I don't know about yall, but it's a joy being able to see it on our soil! Please take a moment, support it (even if in the slightest) privately and/or publicly reach out to others who love RAM ball and let them know, without this it WILL disappear. It NEEDS our help this year yall.

https://www.gofundme.com/ram-nation-tbt-2019

Last edited:
Reactions: ISwamRam

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
For those of us that don't know, can you explain why and what support is needed?
It was in another thread but it looks like that informational thread has been deleted. The GoFundMe is to get some players on the squad. I think Skeen and Walker.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Others (big guys) are not supporting. This doesn't just happen it is made to happen and it takes a small amount of funds to make it happen. Those funds are not there. they either arrive from each of us doing a small amount each or it will not happen, it's just that easy. I don't know details on those funds but the link above explains a bit, it it's not fulfilled we're out, ad next year it won't even be a mere consideration. And I am writing this while at work sweating balls. Typing on a laptop i CAN BARELY REACH TO SEE THE KEYBOARD. Even hit the capslock from time to time accidentally. Please hop on board.

Cyniclone

Top Member
Jan 30, 2013
It was in another thread but it looks like that informational thread has been deleted. The GoFundMe is to get some players on the squad. I think Skeen and Walker.
There were a few threads; one for the team, one for the uniform, maybe a third that I can't recall, and now they're all gone. Should we not be talking about it here?

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
This got kind of strange with paper moon support, then deleted threads and now there’s not enough money to field the team?
It's too obvious. i don't have insider knowledge but it's obvious to me. It's a simple riddle that explains itself. I do not enjoy begging, and especially not unless it's life or death issues... but they need us. People need to support things they enjoy. They didn't set the needs on gofundme for shiz and giggles, they need it to make this happen and a lot aren't lifting a finger... apathy kills everything good in life. I hope people wake up and support this thing or accept owning it not happening, and the inescapable fact of it not coming back

Reactions: Ramaholic

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
It's too obvious. i don't have insider knowledge but it's obvious to me. It's a simple riddle that explains itself. I do not enjoy begging, and especially not unless it's life or death issues... but they need us. People need to support things they enjoy. They didn't set the needs on gofundme for shiz and giggles, they need it to make this happen and a lot aren't lifting a finger... apathy kills everything good in life. I hope people wake up and support this thing or accept owning it not happening, and the inescapable fact of it not coming back. We need to end the drama and start the support before it's too late, and it's getting there every hour that flows by.

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
This got kind of strange with paper moon support, then deleted threads and now there’s not enough money to field the team?
Paper Moon isn't involved anymore because donors were apparently telling VCU Athletics to revoke our access to VCU and VCU apparently wasn't happy themselves.

Worth noting that Paper Moon offered to help us financially and no one from VCU Athletics did, which kinda sucks. I would've hoped after three years of TBT (and seven ESPN games) VCU would've seen the value in what we've been doing, but apparently not. As a fan first, two-time VCU grad second, media member third...that honestly pisses me off. #Family....yeah right.

Either way, where we stand now is we have a team called Ram Nation competing at the Siegel Center on July 26. This is the last time I'll bring a team to the Siegel Center that will be any bit confused with a VCU team and I imagine this will be the last year TBT will bring the tourney to Richmond (or at least the Siegel Center), but ultimately that will be up to them. I don't know of their discussions with VCU/Siegel.

We're trying to raise money to pay for Jamie Skeen's additional player roster spot ($1000). Thanks to generous fans we've already raise enough to add B.A. Walker to the roster. This would be Jamie's first return to the Stu as a player since VCU's Final 4 season in 2011.

Hope to see y'all there and thank you to the VCU fans that have been with us and supported us all these years.

Jul 14, 2011
Paper Moon isn't involved anymore because donors were apparently telling VCU Athletics to revoke our access to VCU and VCU apparently wasn't happy themselves.

Worth noting that Paper Moon offered to help us financially and no one from VCU Athletics did, which kinda sucks. I would've hoped after three years of TBT (and seven ESPN games) VCU would've seen the value in what we've been doing, but apparently not. As a fan first, two-time VCU grad second, media member third...that honestly pisses me off. #Family....yeah right.
Natty thanks for everything that you have done for this. I really hope these donors that went to VCU complaining about the team receiving funding from another donor, are covering those funds.