Team Ramnation (TBT 2019)

Dec 2, 2012
Aww Sweet, there's a PaperMoon Ram Nation Party on the South Side this weekend...
@Natty

(screenshot as of 2019-07-15 19:20.00 attached)
(Note, the only time I've been to a strip club was when my oldest buddy (since 2rd grade in the 80's) came and visited me about 10 years ago and insisted that we had to visit the strip clubs in the RVA since his wife is a stripper. They're just not my thing...)
Huh, I didn't think this was still going on....

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
I'm pretty sure the social justice warriors and snowflakes in our fan base can't stop a private company from doing its thing provided it's legal. My guess is Paper Moon is doing it regardless of any official approval from VCU or this board. Strip clubs aren't my thing, but freedom to choose that on my own sure is!!

Reactions: Burr21

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I'm pretty sure the social justice warriors and snowflakes in our fan base can't stop a private company from doing its thing provided it's legal. My guess is Paper Moon is doing it regardless of any official approval from VCU or this board. Strip clubs aren't my thing, but freedom to choose that on my own sure is!!
Calling people social justice warriors and snowflakes conflicts with your thinking regarding freedom to choose. Your statement is a live and let live opinion.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Aww Sweet, there's a PaperMoon Ram Nation Party on the South Side this weekend...
@Natty

(screenshot as of 2019-07-15 19:20.00 attached)
(Note, the only time I've been to a strip club was when my oldest buddy (since 2rd grade in the 80's) came and visited me about 10 years ago and insisted that we had to visit the strip clubs in the RVA since his wife is a stripper. They're just not my thing...)
That sure doesn't look like something that's "no longer happening".

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
Why do people have to be SJW's or snowflakes because they disagree with a certain event? We are all capable of disagreeing without insults.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Natty gave the go ahead for this to happen and I really don't blame him. It sounds like he isn't getting any support from the university who is the party that initially shut the event down. Expenses won't cover themselves and if the University isn't willing to support its hard to tell you who you can't take money from.

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
Why do people have to be SJW's or snowflakes because they disagree with a certain event? We are all capable of disagreeing without insults.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Natty gave the go ahead for this to happen and I really don't blame him. It sounds like he isn't getting any support from the university who is the party that initially shut the event down. Expenses won't cover themselves and if the University isn't willing to support its hard to tell you who you can't take money from.
I consider anyone that whines and complains to stop an event for everyone because it offends them a social justice warrior. If you disagree with an event -don't go. Heck, I've tried to leverage my clout to push a decision favorable to myself, so I have been one before. There are SJW's and snowflakes on all ends of the political spectrum.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I consider anyone that whines and complains to stop an event for everyone because it offends them wrong. If you disagree with an event -don't go. when you try to stop a legal event for everyone because it offends you, then you are a social justice warrior. Heck, I've myself (leverage my clout to push a decision favorable to myself) so I have been one before. There are SJW's and snowflakes on all ends of the political spectrum. I didnt meant to offend a particular person or group.
I was not offended. I just noticed the conflict. You're complaining about the complainers so in essence doesn't that make you a social justice warrior and/or a snowflake?

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
I was not offended. I just noticed the conflict. You're complaining about the complainers so in essence doesn't that make you a social justice warrior and/or a snowflake?
We all complain about things that offend us. I've been a snowflake and SJW numerous times. I would not go to Ed and threaten to pull my donation for something this trivial. I have much bigger battles to fight -like suing the motherf#@kr that hit my car in January!!

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
To me it's fairly simple concept for everyone to understand... especially if we are all Grown adults here

If you like/agree/are ok with the idea of having a party at the Strip Club to help raise funds for the RamNation team.... then support it.... that's your right.

If you don't like/don't agree/are not ok with the idea of having a party at the Strip Club for one reason or another.... don't go. That Simple. It's your right.

If you have no opinion one way or the other of the idea.... then you can decide on your own whether you want to go and support at that event, or support through other means (signing up on the website, donating to the GoFundMe, retweeting/posting positive stuff trying to get people to support the team... etc)….. that's your right.

But don't start crying to the AD to get the event shut down because you don't agree with it... especially if you haven't done anything to help support the team (whether donating money, or even as simple as signing up on the website to help us get a free roster spot). Especially if the AD is doing nothing to help the team themselves. I'm assuming we are all grown adults here.... no need to act like a toddler crying to mommy because you don't like something.

For the record..... a while back in the old thread.... Natty asked for ideas of things to do the week before TBT to bring fans together with the players and such.... and I don't remember seeing many people post ideas at all..... ironically the ideas that I posted (and some others may have posted)… Natty took a couple of them and actually ran with them.... 1 being the bowling event at River City Roll.... and the other while I suggested open practices.... Natty put his own little twist and let people who donated be entered to win a chance to attend a practice.... so it's an incentive to donate & help the team.

Maybe if more people had come up with ideas & more people had decided to support the team.... maybe there would be more events or maybe he wouldn't necessarily had to reach out to a strip club (which it's clear a good number of people are against for one reason or another) for help.

Just a little food for thought. That's all

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
We all complain about things that offend us. I've been a snowflake and SJW numerous times. I would not go to Ed and threaten to pull my donation for something this trivial. I have much bigger battles to fight -like suing the motherf#@kr that hit my car in January!!
I wouldn't either. I also would not be angry or annoyed at them for doing so. I hope that Natty can find it in himself to not be mad at VCU as well.

TAEKWONDO

Insider
May 22, 2019
This board with its many followers will not loose its access to VCU. The people who run this board are all VCU graduates who have been running this board longer than most of the individuals of the current VCU administration have been employed by VCU . Of all the message boards I've seen this is one of the best in the nation, and it provides a great service, such as recruiting, to VCU athletically. That great service is free of cost to VCU, but it cost those who run this board money. Lastly, I know some of the people who run this board have relatives who have been long time financial supporters of VCU. I'd prefer not having a strip club as a supporter, but I guess money is needed for the VCU TBT team.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
The event is literally no longer happening. I've talked back and forth with Mike about it this week, including today.

THERE IS NO RAM NATION EVENT AT PAPER MOON. Mike was nice enough to offer support, but due to people freaking out over stuff like this, we had to cancel.

Last edited: