The 2019-20 Season

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2009
Marlboro girls were VCU girls giving out 4 pack samples of Marlboro cigarettes on the streets downtown. They were all attractive and while wearing miniskirts made young boys like me a smoker for life! I did quit a few years ago and since then they dont use them anymore..

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I do remember the Marlboro Man. He was a ruggedly handsome man wearing a cowboy hat. He convinced me to smoke those coffin nails. Eventually I quit while he continued. He died of lung cancer while I’m still paying the bills for my family down in the little city with the highest homicide rate in the Commonwealth.

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
I do remember the Marlboro Man. He was a ruggedly handsome man wearing a cowboy hat. He convinced me to smoke those coffin nails. Eventually I quit while he continued. He died of lung cancer while I’m still paying the bills for my family down in the little city with the highest homicide rate in the Commonwealth.
If I had kept smoking red Marboro I wouldn't be alive today. They had the best ad campaign back then and I think still the number one seller.

Reactions: ViCtorioUs

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
They used to give you a couple of packs when you did work in the PM factory...then I would go do work in the hostess bakery and you could eat all the hot twinkies you wanted then I would finish the day at Eskimo Pie and get a couple Ice creams for the road
Not sure why I am still alive;)

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Vince is a good player and could be a corner stone his Jr. and Sr. year. He really needs a good off season under his belt to get him going. His D and he tenacity will be there but his shot as well as his shot mechanics need work. This isn't good for his progression.

Again, he can ball but a good off season of work would be a difference maker. People gave Jordan Burgess a tough time but I believe one of the reason he didn't make much progress on the offensive end was that he was hurt the first couple of summers here at VCU. Vince is a similar guy, a guy who can be a starter as well valuable without being a dominant offensive player.

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
They used to give you a couple of packs when you did work in the PM factory...then I would go do work in the hostess bakery and you could eat all the hot twinkies you wanted then I would finish the day at Eskimo Pie and get a couple Ice creams for the road
Not sure why I am still alive;)
I think it just goes to show that orneriness trumps unhealthy living.