The 2019-20 Season

RamBo

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Great pics of the VCU Crew at the All-Star Gala. Hard to believe.... in all these years, that Mo has "never swung a baseball bat." Oh well.... give him a bat. Put him in a cage and give him a little instruction. And he'll have Major League offers in a few weeks. He'll be on a Team D-H ing within a few years, when he gets tired of playing his other new Sport.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Marketing Idea - This kid has already been on national TV when we've had games and the announcers loved him. He gets a lot of play and is a big VCU fan. I think VCU could use him by inserting him into various pics during live game situations (they could do like a Forrest Gump insertion). Put him on a billboard with the team in a VCU uniform, Ad spots, media spots they could put on TV during during media timeouts. The kid has the right look and feel to make it go viral if done right. He is already all over VCU basketball....he could even do it for the school itself IMO.
Of course, don't want to simply exploit the kid so could offer up 50K to the parents/kid, a 4 years scholarship with room and board if he chooses to go to VCU, and family season tickets for a decade.
Maybe I am out of my element but I just feel, if done right, this kid could garner VCU and VCU basketball some really good national attention

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Marketing Idea - This kid has already been on national TV when we've had games and the announcers loved him. He gets a lot of play and is a big VCU fan. I think VCU could use him by inserting him into various pics during live game situations (they could do like a Forrest Gump insertion). Put him on a billboard with the team in a VCU uniform, Ad spots, media spots they could put on TV during during media timeouts. The kid has the right look and feel to make it go viral if done right. He is already all over VCU basketball....he could even do it for the school itself IMO.
Of course, don't want to simply exploit the kid so could offer up 50K to the parents/kid, a 4 years scholarship with room and board if he chooses to go to VCU, and family season tickets for a decade.
Maybe I am out of my element but I just feel, if done right, this kid could garner VCU and VCU basketball some really good national attention
He is a legend and the young man is hilarious to watch during games. He is a wild man.

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
I'll be glad when some of these pros and ex pros garner VCU some national cash. I'm sure some have but never heard about it.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I'll be glad when some of these pros and ex pros garner VCU some national cash. I'm sure some have but never heard about it.
It happens but its relative to their income. None of them have had a Super windfall(except Boris Kodjoe) and none have them have negotiated anything like Bazemore did with Under Armour( I mean he delivered Curry to them on a silver platter so they were going to give him pretty much anything he wanted and what he wanted was for his school). Larry would have been the next most probably candidate but he had/has othere demons and priorities to deal with in his life. While money is important, there are other ways to give back and I think the majority do a fine job giving back

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Great pics of the VCU Crew at the All-Star Gala. Hard to believe.... in all these years, that Mo has "never swung a baseball bat." Oh well.... give him a bat. Put him in a cage and give him a little instruction. And he'll have Major League offers in a few weeks. He'll be on a Team D-H ing within a few years, when he gets tired of playing his other new Sport.

Mo knows baseball!!!