The 2019-20 Season

May 4, 2012
Vic as usual I agree with you. The only thing I would add is he(TF) was a freak of nature. Even a very good 6'10"/6'11" big would have had difficulties with him.
And our guys will have proportional trouble with the 6-10 and ups they face on the better teams on the schedule.
We will be fine against A10 calibre teams but to take a step up we ave to be competitive with the "good" teams in OOC.

Reactions: duncanlamb

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
What is "T-Rank"?
What mrgeode said:)
If you want to nerd out on the details,
this is the start of it and he makes all kinds of adjustments along the way. Pretty neat read....

How is T-Rank calculated?
The core of T-Rank is calculating offensive and defensive efficiency: points scored and points allowed per possession ("PPP" = points per possession, often rendered as points per 100 possessions).

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
It's a statistical ranking system put together by a guy named Bart Torvik. Similar to KenPom or Warren Nolan. Tries to use projected stats to make an educated guess about how teams will perform. Once the season starts, he'll plug in actual data. We ended up at 28 in his ranking last year.
Bartholomew is an underrated name.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Insider
Dec 4, 2013
Vic as usual I agree with you. The only thing I would add is he(TF) was a freak of nature. Even a very good 6'10"/6'11" big would have had difficulties with him.
yes, there is only one Tacko Fall an he's not playing college ball right now. We are certainly going to be small this year, but we've had some pretty fine seasons with small teams.

Reactions: RAMification