The 2019-20 Season

ShootTheJay

Top Member
Nov 13, 2012
So, with Baja Bean closing, what is now the "Most VCU Bar" in Richmond?
Village?
The Village probably sells more beer on a game night than the founders room does.
The Local?

We have a steady crew at City Dogs in the Fan, every game gets audio and they just put a TV on the patio as well. The games that need to be streamed are always tough but we typically get it figured out.

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
City Beach is about as close size wise as there might be and they have a bunch of tv’s and put most on the game.
Scoped them out a little; manager said they have a pretty good VCU crowd already but would of course welcome more:)

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
City Beach is about as close size wise as there might be and they have a bunch of tv’s and put most on the game.
Scoped them out a little; manager said they have a pretty good VCU crowd already but would of course welcome more:)
I think that's the old honda house (or, honda world?), right? I bought my first bike there, a Nighthawk 650.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
I definitely vote City Beach. Watched the first of the .4 games there and had a great time.

City Dogs is good too, but might be a little small if a dedicated crowd starts showing up. Good overflow spot.

Reactions: RamLover

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
I think that's the old honda house (or, honda world?), right? I bought my first bike there, a Nighthawk 650.
Yep... a buddy of mine took his bike there for a tuneup, the mech dropped a bit down the plug hole. Found it after buttoning the bike up and starting it.
Long story but he got a replacement engine out of it.

• Wow
Reactions: MobileMunchies

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Yep... a buddy of mine took his bike there for a tuneup, the mech dropped a bit down the plug hole. Found it after buttoning the bike up and starting it.
Long story but he got a replacement engine out of it.
Dude who sold bikes there told me at age 17 (with a couple reckless driving tix on my record), when I walked in looking around at bikes, something about knowing when he first sees someone if they'll ever be a rider or not, told me flat out I'd never be one. Came back a year later and rode off on one, but used a different sales person.