The 2019-20 Season

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Might I suggest PBS?
I am very much looking forward to the new Ken Burns documentary on country music. Although it is not my favorite genre I will say that I love authentic music. It does not get much more authentic than artists like the Carter Family, Hank Williams Sr., Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard who he is featuring among others.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
I am very much looking forward to the new Ken Burns documentary on country music. Although it is not my favorite genre I will say that I love authentic music. It does not get much more authentic than artists like the Carter Family, Hank Williams Sr., Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard who he is featuring among others.
The man says he only does documentaries on important subjects. Checks out so far. The Civil War and National Parks: America's Best Idea are fantastic.

I love PBS. Used to watch Nature with my grandpa back in the day. Masterpiece Theatre is usually a good time, NOVA and Antiques Roadshow are always interesting, and their weird cooking shows are fun. Plus you can't beat their kids shows. I also enjoy NewsHour and the BBC World News.

And 100% no pillow commercials.

May 9, 2011
The man says he only does documentaries on important subjects. Checks out so far. The Civil War and National Parks: America's Best Idea are fantastic.

I love PBS. Used to watch Nature with my grandpa back in the day. Masterpiece Theatre is usually a good time, NOVA and Antiques Roadshow are always interesting, and their weird cooking shows are fun. Plus you can't beat their kids shows. I also enjoy NewsHour and the BBC World News.

And 100% no pillow commercials.
The three part Moon documentary this summer was fantastic.

Reactions: mrgeode
May 5, 2009
Got back from Nashville a couple weeks ago. Went to the Opry. Enjoy classical country much better than modern country.

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Must be genetic. It would please me greatly to have Special K’s son play at VCU. I doubt no one outside of Alien Aiden and an unnamed poster who would expect him to measure up to his Dad’s legacy.
Not sure why you think that I would expect that. Would love for him to come and play for VCU.