The 2019-20 Season

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I think it was two years ago or so when all Katz did was talk about P5 this and P5 that. I wish they would let every school bring an analyst and almost have a group roundtable show or something different that those inane Katz sit-down interviews.

• Angry
Reactions: rams3fan

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I might as well follow up three consecutive posts with one more about Katz. I do not understand how a guy who is being paid by the Big Ten conference and gives opinions on podcasts is then paid by the NCAA to come out with predictions. I find it all to be questionable and a conflict of interest. Isn't the NCAA supposed to be unbiased? Yet Katz is on the NCAA organization's payroll making predictions when in the grand scheme of things that organization is the one that is supposed to select teams based on their resume.

PS-I also do not like preseason polls. I think the first poll should come out after at least a week or two of game play. It is a long climb up for teams that were snubbed for no other reason than a guy like Andy Katz thinks they are 45th before anyone has been on the court.

PS PS-Rant over.......I think :lol:

Last edited:

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
By the way, it is what it is. Katz (NCAA.com) and Borzello (ESPN.com) both think Davidson will win the league. VCU gets Davidson twice so it will be settled on the court.
Not sure about Borzello, but I am pretty sure Katz is one of the voters in the AP poll. If he is picking Davidson, then that means he is also probably picking Davidson to finish higher than VCU in the AP poll. Most pre-season polls have VCU ranked higher than Davidson. If he isn't picking Davidson higher, then he is clueless by not being consistent and has lost what little credibility he has left.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Not sure about Borzello, but I am pretty sure Katz is one of the voters in the AP poll. If he is picking Davidson, then that means he is also probably picking Davidson to finish higher than VCU in the AP poll. Most pre-season polls have VCU ranked higher than Davidson. If he isn't picking Davidson higher, then he is clueless by not being consistent and has lost what little credibility he has left.
While I doubt it, he could be picking davidson because vcu has a harder conference schedule. He could then justify ranking vcu higher in the ap poll

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I mentioned it earlier that he has Davidson winning the conference and in his top 25. He predicts VCU 2nd and has VCU in his just out of the top 25.

Reactions: Ramcounter

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
Rhody, with Langevine, Russell, Dowtin, Martin, Tate, Harris, Walker, and Sheppard, could potentially whip anyone in the league, including us. They, too, are now deep and experienced (as is Dayton/Davidson).

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
This is true. Rothstein was talking about their OOC schedule which is the toughest in the league.