The 2019-20 Season

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
Yes, doing a deep dive into the schedule they only played two teams who ended up with sub .500 records during that 12-1 run, ECU (7-21) and Charlotte (5-23). Couple of interesting nuggets: we played Dayton with a sophomore forward named Anthony Grant and played Auburn coached by Sonny Smith with future VCU assistant coach Gerald White running the point. That Auburn team also had future #4 picks in the NBA draft Chuck Person and Chris Morris.
That was the win that at the time most impressed me. Auburn was a force that year. The Chokies were icing on the cake.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
The two seasons after Barkley left they actually got better with Chuck Person as the top dog.
I gotta say it was fun in a twisted kind of way to watch fur school him and send him out on a low note. Yeah I know I'm missing a couple of screws...

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Never look back DL. Coach Scott is here now.
I am not looking back, I've been a brent scott fan
boy since he got here.

But all I've been hearing for the past 11 years is vcu doesnt want bigs because small ball is where it's at.

But then why did we recruit big guys like haley, tuoyo, Simmons? It could not have been just to sit at the end of the bench?

Could it be that we could have kept these guys just by having shown commitment to big man development and hired a big man coach?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
boy since he got here.

But all I've been hearing for the past 11 years is vcu doesnt want bigs because small ball is where it's at.

But then why did we recruit big guys like haley, tuoyo, Simmons? It could not have been just to sit at the end of the bench?

Could it be that we could have kept these guys just by having shown commitment to big man development and hired a big man coach?
Seems like you are looking back.

May 4, 2012
boy since he got here.

ha to have someone for jump balls

• Haha
Reactions: duncanlamb