AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
image_handler.aspx

156601680_5114976798576041_708400320108241987_o.jpg

Last edited:

LarryPecks

Elite Member
Is it even possible to get tickets? Didn't see any info about ticket purchase on the site.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
It looks like on Friday VCU will face the winner of: URI v GMU/Dayton/UR (in order of likelihood based off Monday's results)

First off, if you have a Twitter and you don't follow SBUnfurled, then you are missing out. That man or woman provides EXCELLENT content.
A couple thoughts regarding VCU:
  • I'm really glad SLU can't be the #7 seed in any scenario. We are banged up and we just barely beat them at home. I think they would be a tough matchup in the Q-Finals since they would have one game under their feet.
  • If Richmond wins (which they *should*), then both Davidson and SLU will be on the other side of the bracket. I'd rather Bona have to deal with them because both of those teams are talented and will be trendy bid-stealers to pick for the A10 Tournament.
  • I'm also glad UMass and Duquesne can't be matchups for us in the Q-Finals mainly for the fact that we haven't played them this year.
  • If Richmond is the 7 seed that means they lost to Saint Joseph's at home which would be another Q4 loss which means their season is over so I'd be happy.
  • Mason has the best chance to be the 7 seed. I know they beat us last week and they have won 4 straight against us and three bad A10 teams, but I think a healthy VCU team would handle them.
  • Dayton as the 7 seed seems unlikely other than that 3rd option. I know it would be hard to beat a team 3 times, but they are so inconsistent I don't know what to think of them.
  • Rhody is stuck at 10. I know we have our troubles with them, but I have a hard time seeing them even beat whoever the 7 seed is. It feels like they've checked out.
I was planning on making a comment about quads and neutral sites, but I guess we will have to wait until the bracket is official to see where the games will be played. I'm sure the A10 will try to make sure Richmond and VCU don't play home games in the Q-Finals so we'll see.

Anyone have any thoughts?

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
  • If Richmond wins (which they *should*), then both Davidson and SLU will be on the other side of the bracket. I'd rather Bona have to deal with them because both of those teams are talented and will be trendy bid-stealers to pick for the A10 Tournament.

Richmond should win but St Joe's has been good since Daly returned. Golden is hurt and he was holding that left hand high while setting picks. That one is not a gimme.

Reactions: SWV

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
Richmond should win but St Joe's has been good since Daly returned. Golden is hurt and he was holding that left hand high while setting picks. That one is not a gimme.
If St Joe's rains threes all over the Robins Center tomorrow night then the billboard is coming back up and Eight Legger might become a VCU fan.
Seriously though, St Joe's has NOTHING to lose in that game. They looked good against both La Salle and Dayton. That would be a resume killer for Richmond.

Havoc2Ut2

Elite Member
First off, if you have a Twitter and you don't follow SBUnfurled, then you are missing out. That man or woman provides EXCELLENT content.
A couple thoughts regarding VCU:
  • I'm really glad SLU can't be the #7 seed in any scenario. We are banged up and we just barely beat them at home. I think they would be a tough matchup in the Q-Finals since they would have one game under their feet.
  • I'm also glad UMass and Duquesne can't be matchups for us in the Q-Finals mainly for the fact that we haven't played them this year.
  • If Richmond is the 7 seed that means they lost to Saint Joseph's at home which would be another Q4 loss which means their season is over so I'd be happy.
  • Mason has the best chance to be the 7 seed. I know they beat us last week and they have won 4 straight against us and three bad A10 teams, but I think a healthy VCU team would handle them.
  • Dayton as the 7 seed seems unlikely other than that 3rd option. I know it would be hard to beat a team 3 times, but they are so inconsistent I don't know what to think of them.
  • Rhody is stuck at 10. I know we have our troubles with them, but I have a hard time seeing them even beat whoever the 7 seed is. It feels like they've checked out.
I was planning on making a comment about quads and neutral sites, but I guess we will have to wait until the bracket is official to see where the games will be played. I'm sure the A10 will try to make sure Richmond and VCU don't play home games in the Q-Finals so we'll see.

That's a mouth full. I don't care who's on our platter for dinner Friday. We get a healthy squad and any of them are toast.

I'd rather see the best squad we can play. All the better for the resume.

urmite

Elite Member
He has had 2 very different visits to Robins...

11/10/2017 37 minutes, 8-10 from 2, 1-4 from 3, 3-5 FT, 2 OR, 2 DR, 2 ast, 3 TO = 22 points, 76-63 Delaware win

1/2/2020 31 minutes, 3-6 from 2, 0-2 from 3, 2-4 FT, 1 OR, 3 DR, 3 ast, 6 TO = 8 points, 84-52 St Joe loss

urmite

Elite Member
If the bottom 4 don't show up, do #5 & #6 get a bye? or does the format change?

I can see it now...Yea! we get the 3 seed!...
#11 to #14 drop out...only top 2 get a bye now...Dammit!

Reactions: DNB

RESRam

Insider
If the bottom 4 don't show up, do #5 & #6 get a bye? or does the format change?

I can see it now...Yea! we get the 3 seed!...
#11 to #14 drop out...only top 2 get a bye now...Dammit!
Funny guy. Sure you’re a Spider?