The 2020-21 Men's Basketball Tournament

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
My guess is, if there are any fans at all... it's strictly family members.

Richmond hasn't allowed fans at any games this year as far as I can tell... so the problem would be having 1 site allow fans, and the other one not... would open up a can of worms that would cause a lot of problems. And thus far I have not heard Richmond change their stance.

Plus having been to conference tournaments many of times over the years.... players/coaches/staff from other teams are always in the building... for example... during the LaSalle/SJU game coming up at 11 am... you know players/coaches/staff from UMass will be in there watching & scouting those teams... since the winner gets UMass tomorrow.

All of those people count towards the 250 person limit.

Pretty sure fur doesn't have a say in whether fans are allowed to the A-10 Tournament at their site. My guess is, in order to even host, fur has to comply with A-10 and state requirements. If the A-10 wants 250 in attendance, and it falls under state guidelines, then fur has to comply if they want to host. Gotta believe A-10 guidelines for both arenas are identical.

Reactions: RamDanFan

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Yeah teams for the final will be rested but then it comes down to who is in the finals. If VCU or St Bona are in they already know they are in the NCAAs. If it’s both of them they can just go at with little pressure other than conference pride. Now if it’s SLU, UR, Davidson, UD, etc they will be coming in like they are possessed because they have to win. Let’s not forget the interesting A10 finals officiating too. If VCU or St Bona make it against a non locked team look out.

IF VCU and St. Bonaventure are in the finals, they are still playing for NCAA seeding. Neither team is going to let off of the gas pedal at that point.

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
Pretty sure fur doesn't have a say in whether fans are allowed to the A-10 Tournament at their site. My guess is, in order to even host, fur has to comply with A-10 and state requirements. If the A-10 wants 250 in attendance, and it falls under state guidelines, then fur has to comply if they want to host. Gotta believe A-10 guidelines for both arenas are identical.
Your assumption is that Robins is under The Commonwealth of Virginia jurisdiction and that we haven't declared ourselves independent from the USA...

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Your assumption is that Robins is under The Commonwealth of Virginia jurisdiction and that we haven't declared ourselves independent from the USA...

Next, you will be telling us that fur is a "Sanctuary" school. :lol:

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
Well, I've got my shirt and am ready to watch some basketball:
A10.jpg
...Oh wait, that the one they gave us last year when they canceled the game while we were on the court. I think that made us the champions since we were the last ones standing in the Barclays Center...
Since I always try to look at the positive of things, one is that this year I'll actually be able to watch all of the games. Usually I'm either working, traveling with the band to the tournament, or prepping for our games and only get to watch a handful. This year I'm working from home and can stream 'em all. I can't wait until Friday but this LaSalle/SJU game will help kill some time ;-p.

Apr 20, 2009
Well LaSalle closes the 1st half on a 13-2 run to take a 39 -34 lead into the locker room against the fighten the Moore of Bishop's Daly Brown Funk down the Hall. Man the Jr High kid in me really enjoyed typing that.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Well LaSalle closes the 1st half on a 13-2 run to take a 39 -34 lead into the locker room against the fighten the Moore of Bishop's Daly Brown Funk down the Hall. Man the Jr High kid in me really enjoyed typing that.

La Salle is good for a couple of technicals in the second half.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Um, who's playing the church organ on the seigel center for the stj v las game? This stuff playing in here is a tragedy. NOW they're playing JOURNEY, this is not my beautiful house, this is not my beautiful wife!
6ca5ed1d3d46cb3d7217c438cc631135.png

Jan 15, 2020
IF VCU and St. Bonaventure are in the finals, they are still playing for NCAA seeding. Neither team is going to let off of the gas pedal at that point.
No but neither team is gonna kill each other with a NCAA bid wrapped up. Neither of us are getting a top seed. Yeah we can improve a bit but I don’t think you’ll see the same desperation as say SLU, Davidson, etc who would be bashing us around all game with their season on the line. We’re just trying to get healthy before the NCAAs. Yeah we want to the A10 title but not at the expense of possibly a re injury or something. We should always be playing to win but there’s also the long term vision.

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
Um, who's playing the church organ on the seigel center for the stj v las game? This stuff playing in here is a tragedy. NOW they're playing JOURNEY, this is not my beautiful house, this is not my beautiful wife!
6ca5ed1d3d46cb3d7217c438cc631135.png
Hey! That's my line...

And you guys talk about the Long Island loss. But I still say I regret going 0 fer Philly...

• Haha
Reactions: MobileMunchies

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
No but neither team is gonna kill each other with a NCAA bid wrapped up. Neither of us are getting a top seed. Yeah we can improve a bit but I don’t think you’ll see the same desperation as say SLU, Davidson, etc who would be bashing us around all game with their season on the line. We’re just trying to get healthy before the NCAAs. Yeah we want to the A10 title but not at the expense of possibly a re injury or something. We should always be playing to win but there’s also the long term vision.

I disagree. You don't hang banners for coming in second place, and VCU is 1-4 in A-10 Championship games since joining the league. I'm also pretty sure Coach Rhoades gets a bonus for winning the A-10 Championship.