The 2020-21 Men's Basketball Tournament

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I keep seeing people say they're allowing 25% capacity (which would be a little over 3,000 people), but I can't find any confirmation of this.

EDIT: Confirmation -

The strange thing is if you go to the Ticketmaster link, it says no tickets are available.
Thanks, and I'm not surprised TM says no...between the two schools I'm sure they can fill 3K seats.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
I keep seeing people say they're allowing 25% capacity (which would be a little over 3,000 people), but I can't find any confirmation of this.

EDIT: Confirmation -

The strange thing is if you go to the Ticketmaster link, it says no tickets are available.

pretty sure all remaining tickets have been allocated to the schools for their own distribution. The few that were for sale to the general public were probably snapped up quick.

isthisthedagger

Top Member
Oct 29, 2014
pretty sure all remaining tickets have been allocated to the schools for their own distribution. The few that were for sale to the general public were probably snapped up quick.
There are still a few left on third party sites, but the resell prices have been hiked from the original $40 on Ticketmaster:

Reactions: Rama Lama Ding Dong

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
There are still a few left on third party sites, but the resell prices have been hiked from the original $40 on Ticketmaster:

yeah the ones out on the secondary market were likely from the small amount that was opened to the general public that went quick.

irradiated_ram

Insider
Jan 23, 2013
Since the site has been plugging along like a Pete Carril Princeton offense I was bored. After hearing the postgame press conference moderator mention that VCU was 6-0 in A10 semifinal games I wanted to check VCU's A10 tournament record.

VCU A10 Tournaments:

2012-13
...VCU's first season in the league. Played against SLU in Finals. Lost to the Jordair Jett crew. I remember Evans & a blue haired Aussie.

2013-14...VCU played St. Joe's Finals. Galloway busted 19 & a young Bembry showed flashes w/ 13 pts. Roberts had a good game too. Martelli played two on the bench. Neither scored.

2014-15...VCU's fan favorite Briante Weber went down in the reg. season with an ACL injury. VCU rebounded & beat Dayton for the Championship. Treveon Graham had 20 & 13. (Shaka $ to Tejas)

2015-16...Here come Martelli again. St Joe's wins in Finals. Bembry has a 30 piece with Miles busting 26. They slashed the press with rim runners. (Strong ass offer Will Wade's 1st season)

2016-17...The rise of Hurley season. Terrell & EC Matthews busted VCU up in Finals. Again, these two slashed the press w/Dowtin leading the charge. (season note: Archie Miller $ to Indiana)

2017-18...Coach Rhoades takes over. Entire incoming class jets. VCU loses to #25 Rhody in Quarterfinals. Three headed monster of Matthews, Terrell, Dowtin too much. (Hurley $ to UConn)

2018-19...Rhody again in a close Quarterfinal match-up. Marcus Evans goes down early with a great early start for VCU. Santos-Silva w/22 & 22 not enough. Dowtin w/22 pts.

2019-20...COVID 🤮 VCU/UMass on the floor ready for the tip. Game & tournament canceled. Year of isolation & heartache begins. COVID decides to remain until this day. (Silva to Tejas Tech)

2020-21...A10 Tournament is chalk....#1 St Bona v. #2 VCU...young VCU squad & future is bright.

~VCU has made the finals 6 out of 8 times since joining the A10 (9 years in the league-one tournament cancellation).
Not a good Final record though: 1-4

~In the 9 years since Joining the A10 VCU has made the NCAA 6 times in 9 years. Hopefully it will be 7 out of 9. Last year no NCAA tourney so it would be 7 out of 8 while in the A10. Going back to CAA it would be beginning with Capel to Grant to Shaka to Wade to Rhoades...11 out of 16 NCAA bids (actually 11 out of 15 because no NCAA tourney 2019-20).
At least we have 1 win championship in there. But it does seem kind of like the Bills in the early 90s.

Reactions: IstanbulRam

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
Nothing has been mentioned in the press conferences. Guessing he will get all the time he needs to be with his family and that whenever he is ready to return, whether that's before or after the NCAA tournament, the team will be there to welcome him back with open arms.
Someone somewhere (either here or on FB) mentioned that Curry would have to return to campus and quarantine for two weeks before rejoining the team. If that's true, that clock would have had to already start in order for him to play in the NCAA tourney.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Someone somewhere (either here or on FB) mentioned that Curry would have to return to campus and quarantine for two weeks before rejoining the team. If that's true, that clock would have had to already start in order for him to play in the NCAA tourney.
He’s coming from Florida so I’m pretty sure this is correct, he’d be subject to a 14-day quarantine upon returning.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
He’s coming from Florida so I’m pretty sure this is correct, he’d be subject to a 14-day quarantine upon returning.
And, assuming this is correct, he would not be working out during that time, which means he wouldn't be in shape to play. Given ALL of this, I believe we've seen the last of Keyshawn Curry this season.