The 2020-21 Men's Basketball Tournament

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I took SJU -2 based off of your post on them yesterday.

Daly really is a playmaker.

They are a completely different team with Daly back. He had 23 points today. I really do like their chances tomorrow also. Only concern I have is the number of minutes the starters logged today. St. Joe's basically went only 6 deep today.

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
They are a completely different team with Daly back. He had 23 points today. I really do like their chances tomorrow also. Only concern I have is the number of minutes the starters logged today. St. Joe's basically went only 6 deep today.

They'd have won by 20 if they didn't take off the last portion of the first half.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
They'd have won by 20 if they didn't take off the last portion of the first half.

There's an outside chance they get Jack Forrest back for tomorrow's game. That would be huge for them. I think he got hurt in one of the games against fmason.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I think they take UMass tomorrow, but SLU will end their season on Friday.

There is a chance that St. Joe's finishes in the top 200 of the NET. If so, then that would mean VCU only played three sub 200 teams all season. Should help our SOS, at least at the margins.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I disagree. You don't hang banners for coming in second place, and VCU is 1-4 in A-10 Championship games since joining the league. I'm also pretty sure Coach Rhoades gets a bonus for winning the A-10 Championship.
at VCU you get banners for being ranked #6!

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
With St Joes beating La Salle, I am 1-0 in my A10 bracket so far.
Overall I have the following:

St Joe's and GW win the Play-In Games.
Duquesne, St Joe's, Dayton, and Mason advance to the Q-Finals.
St. Bona, Saint Louis, VCU, and Davidson advance to the Semi-Finals.
SLU beats VCU in the Title.

Jan 15, 2020
I disagree. You don't hang banners for coming in second place, and VCU is 1-4 in A-10 Championship games since joining the league. I'm also pretty sure Coach Rhoades gets a bonus for winning the A-10 Championship.
Whatever that bonus is I bet it’s not as good as winning NCAA games. If we’re healthy for the final yeah go out and try to win it but if not risking further injuries would be reckless. No we shouldn’t just hand another team a championship but our team is capable of winning a game or two in the NCAAs if healthy. The question becomes if we’re not fully healthy so you prioritize a A10 title or a NCAA run?

smiley4284

Top Member
Jul 7, 2011
Think I’d prefer URI over Dayton. Flyers seem to be rolling and URI is without Shepherd. But they seem to be our Achilles heel.