The 2020-21 Men's Basketball Tournament

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I have to agree with Mooney. Something should have came out in advance to prevent this from happening. Something like, change when designated seeds play their games. I’m kinda on the fence about this from a personal standpoint. I like the famialirity of playing at home but not what it could do to our at large chances losing a home game in the quarterfinals.

After seeing that graph someone put up about how the A 10 was next to last in conferences with regards to percentage of scheduled games played, it sure does seem plausible this was mishandled as well.
If I read the article correctly, it looked like the brackets/sites and respective games for each were pre-determined based upon seeding-regardless of the name on the jersey. And since once seeding was completed, either UR or VCU was going to get a home game, they gave it to the higher seed. If UR was seeded higher, they would have gotten the home game. To the victor belongs the spoils.

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
If I read the article correctly, it looked like the brackets/sites and respective games for each were pre-determined based upon seeding-regardless of the name on the jersey. And since once seeding was completed, either UR or VCU was going to get a home game, they gave it to the higher seed. If UR was seeded higher, they would have gotten the home game. To the victor belongs the spoils.
Correct. That‘s my point. Seed times and locations did not have to be pre determined. Changing them would have been the fall back option to prevent host schools from playing on their home courts.

Reactions: RESRam

Gopher+RamFan

Top Member
Dec 9, 2010
Richmond leading 14-10; first time in a while I've seen the Spiders go after offensive rebounds instead of sprinting back to get set on defense. Change from Mooney.

TDXRamsFan

Top Member
Apr 3, 2012
I’ll never forget listening to this on the radio driving up I-95 North to Brooklyn. I was so confused.
Same here. Went into penn station on Amtrak with seconds left and fur up 3. Thought we lost internet because it was stuck there forever. Only got the 411 once we got in our Uber.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
So far some terrible refereeing. One call waived off a Duquesne 3; referees just called a foul on a clean Duquesne block (actually perfect); and another call that led to a Richmond 3.

Richmond playing well though, much better than Monday.
Burton came to play today.

Dec 8, 2011
Spidurs up by 7 at the half..meanwhile Duquesne has gone longer than anyone in the conference without winning a tournament game (been since 2015!)

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Duquesne came charging out of the gate at the start of the half, but Richmond's pulled away again. Duquesne is back within 6, but they just can't seem to sustain a run.

Dec 8, 2011
Duquesne came charging out of the gate at the start of the half, but Richmond's pulled away again. Duquesne is back within 6, but they just can't seem to sustain a run.
They're unfortunately not really *built* for a surge...this whole time I've felt like they were down by 20, know what I mean?

Reactions: WillWeaverRVA