The Beat the Nationally Ranked Dayton Flyers in the Stu Thread

Apr 20, 2009
Just throwing this out there in an optimistic fashion (I have no doubt it'll get thrown right back at me)...if we, and a big IF, beat Dayton tomorrow, get some new found confidence and beat SLU, we're right back in the tournament discussion. Our metrics will see a pretty sharp increase and we would also benefit from the national buzz of taking down Dayton. I realize it's an incredibly tall task, but a little optimism doesn't hurt. Also crazy to think that it'd be possible not to get a double bye, and still be in the at-large discussion should that happen.

Here's to hoping one bad week doesn't derail a season that once had so much promise. Hit our shots, run them off the 3 point line, REBOUND, and don't let Toppin do chin-ups on the rim in transition every other time up and down the floor and we have a chance.
Those would be 2 of our 3 best wins of the season. We would absolutely be back in the discussion for an at large bid.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Line opening with Dayton by just 3.5. Where can I place a bet? I want to put everything I own on Dayton covering. :(

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Unfortunately, I just don’t see how we have much of a shot here. And I’m not sure what Vegas is thinking with a spread so close. I expect the line to move a lot. We just don’t have an alpha dog like Toppin (they have more than 1 alpha dog), they can hit from 3, deadly inside, and no issues vs a press defense. Meanwhile we aren’t a good shooting team, our bigs get pushed around when we play teams with other good bigs, and we do not have an alpha dog player. I’m just not seeing it but hope I’m proven wrong.