The Beat the Nationally Ranked Dayton Flyers in the Stu Thread

Mar 19, 2014
I’ve heard murmurs of storming if we win. Please don’t. We’re suppose to be the flagship. Not UR.
Beating the #5 team in the country, and the highest nationally ranked team to ever come into our building warrants a court storming. I understand your sentiment, but IMO that's an acceptable court storm should anybody want to.

Especially under the current circumstances.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
I’ve heard murmurs of storming if we win. Please don’t. We’re suppose to be the flagship. Not UR.
I disagree. Please do! It should be fun. We’ve never had a team ranked this high come into the Stu. If we pull off a miracle I think it’d be great for the fans to celebrate with the players on the floor.

Reactions: Newboy
Jan 15, 2020
Beating the #5 team in the country, and the highest nationally ranked team to ever come into our building warrants a court storming. I understand your sentiment, but IMO that's an acceptable court storm should anybody want to.

No it doesn’t. We’ve beat high ranked teams at Siegel before. We didn’t storm. Act like you been there. We’re trying to remind people this is our conference. Storming against a team you swept last year says you feel fortune to actually beat them. Plus with our luck some idiot student will run over like Evans and put him out again.

Reactions: 2x210us and VCU85

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
What he could use is Sensi-milla ..............CBD oils that is. One day, one day.... The brother is an MMA, JuJitzu roller for 30+ years. He swears by the pain, and joint benefits of CBD oils. He's a collection of scars inside and out.

Reactions: 757RamFan

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016

Beating a top 5 program in the house when they're playing the way they have ? Yeah it's kosher......but not necessarily warranted.

Regular season win over a conf. foe, I don't wanna give them that kind of ammo when the guys have to play them in the tourney....... potentially.

And as Rambunctiousramsomethingorother other said VCU swept them last season.

May 4, 2012
4 point spread huh ??

I really do hope Vegas knows something we don't....
Thats the issue, they dont know if the 50% from 3 Rams are playing or the other ones are dressing tonight.
Or maybe its after Dayton's bedtime and they will be sleepy.

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
Agree but these so called shamers think that the tickets should be gifted as in pass them on to someone who can use them instead of selling at stated face or actual value to the ticket owner.
oh, don’t get me wrong....big proponent of the free market system. Buy low, sell high.....or for whatever one wants!!!

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
No it doesn’t. We’ve beat high ranked teams at Siegel before. We didn’t storm. Act like you been there. We’re trying to remind people this is our conference. Storming against a team you swept last year says you feel fortune to actually beat them. Plus with our luck some idiot student will run over like Evans and put him out again.
Here’s the thing. We’ve never played a top 5 team in the Stu. We haven’t been there. Have some fun in your life. Who cares about perception from other fanbases? Celebrate with the players during this season of adversity.

Jan 15, 2020
Here’s the thing. We’ve never played a top 5 team in the Stu. We haven’t been there. Have some fun in your life. Who cares about perception from other fanbases. Celebrate with the players during this season of adversity.
We’re the flag ship. We’re still in contention for a bid. It’s not like we’re last place looking for anything positive. Plus we will never hear the end of it from Dayton fans that we talk about being the heads of this conference then storm the court against them. We swept them last year. Then we storm against them a year later? That looks ridiculous.

Reactions: 2x210us