The Beat the Nationally Ranked Dayton Flyers in the Stu Thread

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
so I believe we have finally as of page 17 come to a consensus that our guys definitely take home the win tonight, right on 👊
Riiiiiight. We can't compete against Mason, but now that our starting pg is hurt, we're somehow going to take down the #5 team in the country? Yeah, count me out of this illusion.

GarseIronjade

Top Member
Nov 16, 2016
Fight those security guards like crazy
Given the condition of things its hard to find fault if the court is stormed. It is certainly true we are supposed to be better than that, but we haven't been ourselves lately. IF an uncharacteristic over-exuberance takes hold of the crowd, woe be unto the security guard who tries to hold back that tide with a broom.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
We’re the flag ship. We’re still in contention for a bid. It’s not like we’re last place looking for anything positive. Plus we will never hear the end of it from Dayton fans that we talk about being the heads of this conference then storm the court against them. We swept them last year. Then we storm against them a year later? That looks ridiculous.
Its a completely different year where the script is entirely different. Stop worrying so much about perception from other fanbases. I couldn't care less what Dayton thinks of us. Some of the most fun I had at VCU was rushing the court. We've been through a lot this year. If we pull off a miracle I say have a little fun. You only live once. Don't care about trying to look "cooler".

Jan 15, 2020
Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we run with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest basketball team in the conference. You were born to be basketball players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great basketball team Dayton has. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it.

#LetsGoVCU #GoRamsGo