The Beat the Nationally Ranked Dayton Flyers in the Stu Thread

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Our VCU Rams have run roughshod over the A10 since they entered the league in 2012-2013
89-33 coming into this year
We always joke about we're the "flagship" or "everybody's super bowl"....and maybe there's a kernel of truth in there

but if you think for one second that #6 Dayton isn't going to come in here and drop the hammer for NO OTHER REASON than to shove this season's dominance in our collective faces???

Yea, it's gonna be bad.....and I'm a myopically dog with his head out the window optimistic dreamer Ram Fan from waaaaaay back in the Sonny Smith days.....When you dominate a conference for 7 years, and sell out your arena, and travel REAL well to opposing arenas, and make the Big Dance on the reg, and do it all with massive coach/player turnover, and then there's blood in the water??? and your team is a wounded lion who is used to running the pride???

@Natty needs to hire Sir David Attenborough to narrate the highlights of the game on Tuesday because it is going to be a savage affair....and I don't like our chances.

Mar 1, 2015
Our VCU Rams have run roughshod over the A10 since they entered the league in 2012-2013
89-33 coming into this year
We always joke about we're the "flagship" or "everybody's super bowl"....and maybe there's a kernel of truth in there

but if you think for one second that #6 Dayton isn't going to come in here and drop the hammer for NO OTHER REASON than to shove this season's dominance in our collective faces???

Yea, it's gonna be bad.....and I'm a myopically dog with his head out the window optimistic dreamer Ram Fan from waaaaaay back in the Sonny Smith days.....When you dominate a conference for 7 years, and sell out your arena, and travel REAL well to opposing arenas, and make the Big Dance on the reg, and do it all with massive coach/player turnover, and then there's blood in the water??? and your team is a wounded lion who is used to running the pride???

@Natty needs to hire Sir David Attenborough to narrate the highlights of the game on Tuesday because it is going to be a savage affair....and I don't like our chances.
I vote Lord Alfred Hayes and Gorilla Monsoon. Nobody could call a squash match like them.

Dec 2, 2012
In case anyone didnt know, THIS IS THE TIME THE KIDS NEED US.

You got a problem with the PROGRAM?
Save it for the offseason.
We can't make any changes now, but we can show up and be loud Tuesday.

I know it looks bad, and there are issues with the team.

The team has given us a lot of joy over the years, and as far as I'm concerned Tuesday is my day to pay back.

You already gave UP? You think we got no chance?

Heres what we do have, we have a chance to show the snooty 1% in Henrico that we are better fans than they are, because we support the team even when they are down and dont put up passive aggressive billboards.

We get a chance to show those stinking Skyline chili rubes what "loud" really sounds like, even if it's just for the first 10 minutes of the game.

Its easy to be loud when we have locked up an at large bid and are rolling. This is the hard part.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I don't think there's any question that The Stu will be packed and the crowd will be loud....but, like LITERALLY every other sporting event on the planet, the crowd will be into it until they aren't.....and if they aren't? It's surely a reflection of the product on the floor/pitch/ice/field/diamond/whatever.
I was at this years URi game....that crowd was better than some of the VCU home games I've attended. Loud, passionate, supportive, and joyous....and when VCU made their climb back from 29 POINTS DOWN....When it was within 9 and Rhody called a timeout? the crowd energy waned back and I thought we'd be able to hear a mouse fart...until the crowd got hyped up again and the rest is history.
VCU has a killer fan base...tops in the A10 no doubt...but if our Team lays an egg and gets trounced?? God only knows at this point...
mass exodus to the exits?
band playing "you don't want to go to war" down a dozen and no one joins in?
boo's??
who knows what the announcers will say regarding pre-season vs current VCU??

But may be our guys will dig deep and find some missing gear?
maybe it'll be a close loss and we can at least have a modicum of hope/dignity?
Maybe they'll pull out the W??

But if you haven't seen any other Dayton games than the VCU @ Dayton game?? This Dayton team is laser focused, aware of the attention and pressure and actually seeming to enjoy the attention and pressure, and playing either at a ridiculouly high level and/or playing well enough to Win regardless of whether they are bringing their A game.

The Stu will be rocking....let's hope it's all game long!!!

IForgotTheAlamo

Top Member
Feb 8, 2012
My dad was thrilled a few weeks ago when his friend gave him free tickets to this game. This morning, he drove to his friend’s house to give them back because he “realized it was a late night game” 😂😂😂

May 19, 2015
I'm expecting the win. No matter what, I'll be screaming "WE ARE VCU!" Because I'm proud no matter the outcome. I'm hoping our RAMS catch the fire within them and fight for the win, for their pride and their season, but, I am a RAM4LIFE! I will scream at the introduction of each starting player and each substitute, just like we started out the first of the season. I will be there in the Stu until the last second counts down. GO RAMS GO!

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
It took me a few years to realize this, but most Dayton fans are 100% class. Yes, they have like 3 people or so at the top of their fan hierarchy (that are probably sociopaths) and a handful of people that hold their jockstraps on Twitter, but every Dayton fan I've run into IRL has been nothing but great.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
It took me a few years to realize this, but most Dayton fans are 100% class. Yes, they have like 3 people or so at the top of their fan hierarchy (that are probably sociopaths) and a handful of people that hold their jockstraps on Twitter, but every Dayton fan I've run into IRL has been nothing but great.
I’ve had a ton of great conversations with Dayton fans in Brooklyn and Pittsburgh for the A10 Tournament.

VCU has a few posters that will not be named that are definitely sociopaths in the twitter world too. It’s just how fan bases are, specifically big ones.

Tbh, the only fan base I’ve ever had issues with in the A10 is Rhody. Some fans were poopty to me in Pittsburgh for no reason and I witnessed some Rhody fans harassing VCU fans in DC. Just the way it is, I know we have some too.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Dayton has a lot of reasonable fans. I’ve never had any issues with them.