The Beat the Nationally Ranked Dayton Flyers in the Stu Thread

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Dang, that was frustrating. Obi Toppin with 12? Goes to show they're not a one-man team. But maybe we are, with Evans out again.
Disagree wholeheartedly. Evans may have made a difference, but when the other four seniors go 3 for 20, no way we win, especially when coach insists on giving them the bulk of the minutes.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
darn, when WWrva is throwing shade you know it's bad.
Yeah. It is. That was one of the most inept performances I’ve seen by a squad of seniors in a while. We might’ve been able to overcome it but we also had to have terrible FT shooting, another pet peeve of mine.

Of course, it speaks to the raw talent we have in our underclassmen that the game was still somewhat winnable for quite a while.

Finance Ram 10

Top Member
Jan 11, 2013
Not good showing.

The feel good sentiment is ridiculous; if this game was won, we can pretend the last two dropped games were just overlooked.

This was embarrassing, our seniors were embarrassing, and it's just embarrassing.

Not sure what is going on, but we had MSS shut down Toppin, had Bones manage the game well, yet we had seniors who played as if they were indifferent.

It's just so confusing to underperform. I trust Bones and MSS; the rest I've no idea... just sad, very sad.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Not good showing.

The feel good sentiment is ridiculous; if this game was won, we can pretend the last two dropped games were just overlooked.

This was embarrassing, our seniors were embarrassing, and it's just embarrassing.

Not sure what is going on, but we had MSS shut down Toppin, had Bones manage the game well, yet we had seniors who played as if they were indifferent.

It's just so confusing to underperform. I trust Bones and MSS; the rest I've no idea... just sad, very sad.
Which is why I don’t understand why they aren’t sat. Baffling.

Reactions: Finance Ram 10

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
Sometimes the margin is a few unlucky layups that didn't turn into and-1s, or missing at the line late. Tip of the cap to Dayton, well played.

Tonight's team can 100% win out the rest of the schedule. Tonight's team can 100% win in Brooklyn. Let's see what they've got for the Lou.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Definitely played better than I expected. This at least gives a glimmer of hope for A10 tournament.

Apr 19, 2009
Looking at the standings, looks like we can still sneak into the top 4. Have to win out and get help from Dayton, Rhode Island, and Richmond.

Reactions: mrgeode