The Beat the Nationally Ranked Dayton Flyers in the Stu Thread

Linda Knight

Top Member
Insider
Mar 31, 2015
Not sure if this is correct, but I heard this game is a black out. Just superstition, but we have a losing record when we wear our black uniforms. Undefeated in our Gold! Just saying. Black in the arena and gold on floor. Could look pretty cool.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Hope the team can get the crowd into it with their play...if we had taken care of business last week that wouldn't be a worry...if we get behind by double digits. Again..it might be like watching a funeral precession

Reactions: RamStrut
Jan 15, 2020
I appreciate your insight on the game DrBluff. Dayton is absolutely having a dream season right now and Dayton fans have every right to enjoy that. I think as a program Dayton will have more seasons hovering between the 7 - 11 seed range like the Archie Miller years, but this particular year is a season where a good program has a lottery pick and a lot of efficiency and confidence.

Dayton is definitely due for a loss and this will probably be the most hostile environment they will play in all year. Looking forward to Tuesday.
I disagree about the hostile part. URI will be worst. Many fans of our have packed it in. If we had beat Mason and UR I absolutely believe it would be the loudest game in Siegel history with everything on the line.

Reactions: RamStrut and SWV

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Hope the team can get the crowd into it with their play...if we had taken care of business last week that wouldn't be a worry...if we get behind by double digits. Again..it might be like watching a funeral precession
Look at it this way, lots of people will probably be able to move down to court side seats....

Reactions: RamStrut
May 19, 2015
I disagree about the hostile part. URI will be worst. Many fans of our have packed it in. If we had beat Mason and UR I absolutely believe it would be the loudest game in Siegel history with everything on the line.
We will be hosting a top 10 NCAA A-10 team, and you think the fans aren’t going to blow the roof off the Stu. I hope you will be there to see how faithful the VCU fans are as I am sure you are one of them.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
If we are down by 20 at half ...getting out rebounded by 30 and shooting 13% ...I might be listening to the second half on the radio
I've made it a point to never leave a sporting event early. I've done it a couple times over about 40 years of going to games, but don't like doing it, and won't Tuesday night. I'll go down with the ship if I have to.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I've made it a point to never leave a sporting event early. I've done it a couple times over about 40 years of going to games, but don't like doing it, and won't Tuesday night. I'll go down with the ship if I have to.
Sometimes it has been like a train wreck...I would like to look away but I just cant

Apr 20, 2009
It took me a few years to realize this, but most Dayton fans are 100% class. Yes, they have like 3 people or so at the top of their fan hierarchy (that are probably sociopaths) and a handful of people that hold their jockstraps on Twitter, but every Dayton fan I've run into IRL has been nothing but great.
When we were at the First 4 game in Dayton in 2011, one of their fans came down from his seat and told me i was "cheering too loud" and asked me to be quieter. 😮😮. There were 2 guys to my right that had UNC stuff on. They just looked at me like "wow. Did that really just happen." Ive never had anything like that ever happen before anywhere. Ive been to arenas all over the place. I was dumbfounded for a second. Then i just shrugged it off and continued cheering our Rams on to victory!