The Beat the Nationally Ranked Dayton Flyers in the Stu Thread

I4one

Top Member
Apr 29, 2017
I was at the game. If anyone on here would dare to even post that the STU was not just loud but so loud that it could burst your eardrums and that most every VCU fan that was able to stand was on their feet during most of the game, at least on my side of the arena, then, they just want to bull$hit everyone but I guess they just cannot get over another loss and this would just add to the gloom of it all. Sorry folks. The Stu was unbelievable.
True dat

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
We've got 5 games left to get to the top 4 and none that we should lose. OK, I said it. Now let's get this thing turned around. I wanna see Rhody and/or fur again. Just a few decent IV games. What he does will tell the story.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2011
I never once said to play the young cats for next year. I think they would, currently, have a greater impact on this years team than a couple of the more experienced players. Just my opinion tho.
Someone in another post insinuated sitting upper classmen to "get the young guys prepared for next year" I'm not convinced playing younger guys over experienced guys would have impacted our past games. I believe the talent is there but there isn't a game that I don't think "freshmen mistake" about 10 times or "those old HS habits will be gone come next November" I think Coach is playing everyone perfectly, give them as much "responsibility" as they are capable of handing.

Reactions: Ramdog

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
10 points in total from the seniors. 10 points, let that sink in. Free throws cost us the game ? I'd say only 10 points from the seniors trumps that stat.
I've been quite over these seniors for over a year now, and I'm not sure why it's taken others so long to see the obvious with them. As someone else posted, Evans carried the team last year, the team was lost without him on the floor. We should've expected any good games by the seniors to be considered an outlier a long time ago. So that's part of why I said free throws cost us the game, especially at home with the crowd on their side. They're free! If DJ and MSS make just half of their FTs, we win.