The Beat The Orangemen of Syracuse in the Bahamas Thread

Great win. Coach made adjustments to beat the zone. Can those on this board who trashed the coach, transfer players, some of the seniors, and generally this team in general, just enjoy this win.
I can. Finally started doing what I told them to do.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Finally got our inside guys the ball for baskets.....and maybe our low post guys worked harder/better to get options and make baskets. Levi played a heck of a game.....as did MBJ......and Ward.....also Deloach....and Nichols. Fantastic!

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
For years Syracuse has had our number. I believe Martin Henlan had 22 rebounds against the ‘Cuse and we still lost. This team is so typical of an inexperienced team…up and down, up and down, but to finally get a w on the Orange is yuge! Two P5 wins and it isn’t even December. The losses, this team will learn.
We're a long way from worrying about NCAA resumes, but it may be worth keeping in mind the committee has discretion to ignore or minimize losses with key players out due to injury. Let's win tomorrow and start making a case.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Because every game is its own.
Chattanooga may be as good or better than Cuse this year. I agree with your sentiment that's not a game we should lose at home, but they aren't bums by any means.

Our defense gets beat when we over gamble. Play sound defense and find consistent offense. Do that and we might surprise this year.

We're finding some things. I wish this Stockard showed up every game. Tsohonis looks more comfortable. We did this tonight and Vince shot 2 for 10 (0-7 from three). We're finding some things.

Note: If we play Baylor, then that's a different level of team altogether.
I believe he does show up every game but today he was having inlet passes made so he could get busy.
If you only do this in your first two possessions and forget about him the rest of the game you waste him.