The Beat The Orangemen of Syracuse in the Bahamas Thread

CarNer0

Elite Member
1637849668373.png

y'all need to make your lives a bit less stressful, there's already too much stress going around these days. take some off your plate

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
View attachment 10105

y'all need to make your lives a bit less stressful, there's already too much stress going around these days. take some off your plate
The ignore feature is an enigma to me. I see the poster responding to a hidden comment. I hover over the "Show ignored content" thinking should I?! I have to know! No maybe I don't. People will keep talking to him and I will be lost. Oh no! What do I do?!

Last edited:

CarNer0

Elite Member
What games have you been watching? Players have been coached from day one to play inside out. In other words, to get paint touches. That doesn’t always mean throwing an entry pass to a big at the block. It can mean drive and kick, for example. They’ve been trying to go inside out, but haven’t been very good at it.

I'm 100% certain our guys are well-coached and have known how to break down a zone since AAU, but they weren't doing it the first few games. Wagner threw a zone out against us and it crushed. I was in the stands feeling like a crazy person yelling about passing it to the middle. We barely got the ball in there. Drive and kick is nice, but the zone doesn't collapse on your drives if they know with 100% certainty that 1. you are gonna kick it out and 2. if you do attempt a shot (which our guys rarely do on these drives), it'll brick off the rim. So the zone extends, and then (before this game) with our cold shooting we had no chance, we just had to scrap. With how great the defense has been it darn near worked, but not with 25 turnovers a game.

I saw a definite improvement in the Vandy game when of course they played zone. And then 'Cuse, naturally, did the same as they always have. The ball movement this game, and consistently getting it to our big at the FT line to facilitate made a huge difference. On my wishlist now is for the big to attack more off the catch. A lot of times Levi or whoever had darn near 4 feet of space and with a quick move toward the basket instead of a kick would be great. He did it towards the end. We also made a few really nice backdoor passes that were great to see.

Overall, it seems like the guys are getting more comfortable playing together. Happy with the coaching and the game plan. I thought we had a decent shot of winning this one. Scared of this Baylor game, since they some actual athletes lol. I guess we will see.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
Can we now give Levi his due? Some were calling for him to be benched. Does that same crew still want him to sit?

As I stated earlier, if we play inside out, instead of just jacking up 3's as the clock runs out, we will be successful. Not saying we win all our games but with our D we will be competitive.

Levi was working his butt off in the UT-C game but he didnt get the ball in the post. This time he did we got a win over an ACC team, a TV win, a Tournament win, and a much needed win.

This feels great!

He's gotta do it more than 1 game in a row and against Baylor's Elite Defensive front line.

Tedicola

Elite Member
Congrats to Coach Rhonda and the team on a great win!

I was unavailable for the start of the game (even with the delay) so recorded it and worked hard to avoid any media, Ramnation, and told friends and fellow fans not to text. Had a feeling this was gonna be a special and fun ride and it did not disappoint.

Noteworthy- we did this without the expected Vince production. Best part was, while it was clearly not his night he did not once hang his head… he kept grinding and working hard. That is VCU basketball and good leadship.

Oh and where is the Debbie downer Rothstein? Keep sleeping on the RAMS D… it’s easy to chalk it up to an “off night” but there is a clear body of work supporting an elite D.

Let’s bring it to Baylor today!

SZQ VCU

Elite Member
Insider
Can we now give Levi his due? Some were calling for him to be benched. Does that same crew still want him to sit?

As I stated earlier, if we play inside out, instead of just jacking up 3's as the clock runs out, we will be successful. Not saying we win all our games but with our D we will be competitive.

Levi was working his butt off in the UT-C game but he didnt get the ball in the post. This time he did we got a win over an ACC team, a TV win, a Tournament win, and a much needed win.

This feels great!
Levi looked great and all muscle but he needs to follow Doris Burke's advice and when he's in the paint with position NOT kick the ball out. Turn and muscle it in. Loved the game!!

HBK

Elite Member
Levi looked great and all muscle but he needs to follow Doris Burke's advice and when he's in the paint with position NOT kick the ball out. Turn and muscle it in. Loved the game!!
Agreed, but that wasn't Doris Burke who broadcast our game. It was Carolyn Peck.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
With so many people hating on the coach and players, I'm thinking they must be real good to garner that much hate!

--------------
GO RAMS!
Beat Bears!!

SZQ VCU

Elite Member
Insider
Agreed, but that wasn't Doris Burke who broadcast our game. It was Carolyn Peck.

Yikes! I love Doris so much now I can add Carolyn to my list of best commentators!

Reactions: SWV

VCU Heel

Elite Member
so why did we decidew to wait until game 5 to actually start going inside out ?
yes we had a good game and thats great.
I'm suggesting that we had a good game because of what we did differently. One of the things we do a lot (get the impediment to us in foul trouble namely the center) also made the rest work so much better.
have a drink.
All of the other teams we have played used different matchup zones. Syracuse plays a straight up 2-3 zone. It’s a much more passive zone and their players aren’t as athletic as those that Chattanooga and Wagner had out there.

All zones aren’t built the same and they have to be attacked in different ways. Syracuse’s zone was the worst one we’ve played this year, particularly when their one and only true big man was out.