The Beat The Orangemen of Syracuse in the Bahamas Thread

BradRamFan

Elite Member
While I don't agree with CelticGuy much, I do agree with at least part of his statement that the board fans seem to be all up in arms about. Last night was the first game this season that I have seen us play a more inside-out game. And while driving my be considered inside-out, I am talking more of a traditional inside-out to our big men in the low post. Plus when we drove, we actively looked to kick it back out or pass it off if we didn't have a good shot.
In previous games, we have been shooting the 3 and driving into the lane for the shot without looking to kick it out. This is what I call a two pronged attack. Plus, we had our big men playing like guards out on the perimeter most of the time. I don't know if it was just Cuse who gave us more of a traditional inside-out opportunity but adding this third dimension/3 pronged attack plus a willingness to kick out or pass to the open man inside certain helped us last night. We need this 3 pronged attack to continue.
Whether it has been coached or not, I won't say as I have no knowledge. But I certainly think it would be as Rhoades has stated multiple seasons that he wants a more inside out game. Nonetheless, I thought we played a complete offensive game last night - shooting from 3, driving the lane, utilizing our big men down low, and also looking for the outlet pass when needed.
With all that said, I don't think we would have won this game had it not been for the way we played defense yesterday. Sports pundits call it ugly. I think it was a thing of beauty. Cuse had to fight - and fight hard for just about every shot they took and every pass they made, every rebound they attempted to get and every ball they dribbled

Love2Ram

Elite Member
Insider
Not sure what's going on with Hason Ward, but 6 points and 4 rebounds isn't cutting it. He's starting to remind me of Juvonte Reddic's senior year. Lots of hype/potential, but just isn't delivering. I'm not seeing a whole lot of energy out of Ward right now, which concerns me. He has gone from just under 30.67 mpg the first 3 games to 23.5 mpg in VCU's last two games, and he hasn't even been close to any foul trouble. His rebounding has also dropped significantly the last two games.​
Nothing official but I think Ward is getting over something. I saw him spitting up in the trash during a timeout while everyone was huddled. Facial expressions seemed to confirm he wasn't 100% during conversations with coaches. Could be the water here but I had a good view right behind the bench.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Nothing official but I think Ward is getting over something. I saw him spitting up in the trash during a timeout while everyone was huddled. Facial expressions seemed to confirm he wasn't 100% during conversations with coaches. Could be the water here but I had a good view right behind the bench.

He looked the same way against Chattanooga, so it's not the water. Whatever it is, he took it with him to the Bahamas. Coach Rhoades even took him out of the game down the stretch against Chattanooga.

Violet Ram

Elite Member
He looked the same way against Chattanooga, so it's not the water. Whatever it is, he took it with him to the Bahamas. Coach Rhoades even took him out of the game down the stretch against Chattanooga.
I hate speculating about people's health, but I wonder if any of our players are experiencing long COVID symptoms.

LLLeopold

Elite Member
Elite 8 run??

giphy.gif
The fur Elite 8 run is more commonly known as the NIT quarterfinals