The Class of 2020....so far.......

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
Our 2020 group is just begging for a really good grad transfer, IMO.

Corey Douglas, MSS and Vince are all going to be very good seniors two years from now. That's a lock for three really good players. I think this year's incoming freshmen have real nice potential by the time their sophomores, but add a ready fifth-year senior to that trio I just mentioned and a talented recruiting class already for depth and VCU could experience little to no drop off after next season.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Our 2020 group is just begging for a really good grad transfer, IMO.

Corey Douglas, MSS and Vince are all going to be very good seniors two years from now. That's a lock for three really good players. I think this year's incoming freshmen have real nice potential by the time their sophomores, but add a ready fifth-year senior to that trio I just mentioned and a talented recruiting class already for depth and VCU could experience little to no drop off after next season.
Vince is a class behind mss and Corey, so a very good junior :D

JDI

Apr 20, 2009
Two years from now Corey and MSS will have finished their eligibility and Vince will be a senior.

Apr 21, 2009
Not to be debby downer but not a single top 100 guy? I mean rhoades all but said that in his intro press conference but if we want to continue to ascend we gotta get top level dudes.

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
Not to be debby downer but not a single top 100 guy? I mean rhoades all but said that in his intro press conference but if we want to continue to ascend we gotta get top level dudes.
Seems as though the offer list is more important now. What other coaches think vs the "expert" sites. We shall see.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Couple of things. We've had a total of 4 top 100 recruits in VCU history (one is Bones Hyland). Second, if you look at who was recruiting the kids we've snagged, it is clear that this is a very high level group, and yes, to me it is far, far more important what coaches for our peer and P5 competitors think that what the ratings services say. Ace was offered by MD, GTown, UConn, Providence, S Carolina, Seton Hall and a ton of others. The opinions of those staffs is a lot more telling than the opinion of some kid who has never played or coached the game

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
This is not true. I know that you know your VCU "stuff." And so I'm thinking somewhere between your brain.... and the keyboard.... something didn't click. I'm sure you know this isn't right.
I think N. Mollen is referring to the modern era. If you go back in time it's more like 8, not counting transfers, who were top 100 coming out of high school. Looking back Kendrick(top 10), Calvin, Rolando, and Michael Brown(Hopewell), were all considered in a number of top 100 lists. Back then the most important measure was Howard Garfinkels Five-Star report.

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Back then the most important measure was Howard Garfinkles Five-Star report.
Ok. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until now. Was he related to the garfinkles that own garfinkles department stores?

Also, one of my backup players of all time was henry finkle, the backup center for Dave cowens.

You can throw in the 2nd string center for the Chicago bulls, Tom boorwinkle.

Okay, that is all the inkles I could think of.