The Class of 2020....so far.......

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

VCU

Highest rated High School Class in the A-10

They have four incoming freshmen who should all be able to step right in and compete for time in Mike Rhoades’ typically deep rotation. Ace Baldwin (6′-0″, St. Francis-MD) is a southpaw point guard known for his tenacity and leadership skills. Jamir Watkins (6′-7″, Trenton Catholic-NJ) is an athletic combo-forward and Josh Banks (6′-5″, Olympic-NC) is a versatile wing who put up almost 17 points per game in the EYBL last year. Mikeal Brown-Jones (6′-7″, IMG Academy) is a Philadelphia native who helped IMG to a Geico Nationals championship in 2019 before joining their prep team this year. He’s not an alpha offensively, but he’s a multi-positional athlete and elite defender with a uniquely mature understanding of how to impact winning.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

VCU

Highest rated High School Class in the A-10

They have four incoming freshmen who should all be able to step right in and compete for time in Mike Rhoades’ typically deep rotation. Ace Baldwin (6′-0″, St. Francis-MD) is a southpaw point guard known for his tenacity and leadership skills. Jamir Watkins (6′-7″, Trenton Catholic-NJ) is an athletic combo-forward and Josh Banks (6′-5″, Olympic-NC) is a versatile wing who put up almost 17 points per game in the EYBL last year. Mikeal Brown-Jones (6′-7″, IMG Academy) is a Philadelphia native who helped IMG to a Geico Nationals championship in 2019 before joining their prep team this year. He’s not an alpha offensively, but he’s a multi-positional athlete and elite defender with a uniquely mature understanding of how to impact winning.
Finkelstein and the rest of the espn yahoos again show that they dont do their home work. Sadeen shoots 61% from 2, 39% from 3, leads IMG post grad in scoring..and he is no alpha offensively?

SMH!

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Finkelstein and the rest of the espn yahoos again show that they dont do their home work. Sadeen shoots 61% from 2, 39% from 3, leads IMG post grad in scoring..and he is no alpha offensively?

SMH!
They aren't necessarily inconsistent. It is possible he means that MBJ wasn't the primary target of the IMG PG offense, and I think that is probably fair.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
They aren't necessarily inconsistent. It is possible he means that MBJ wasn't the primary target of the IMG PG offense, and I think that is probably fair.

You saw the img/hargrave full game replay. He was pretty.much calling for the ball everytime he got position down low or saw an open lane to the.basket right of the key. I think he went 10-14 from the ft line. You dont get that many.ft's unless you are aggressive with the ball.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
He seemed to be a focal point of the offense against Mt. Zion as well. Moreso than Kenyon Martin Jr. was. He was pretty aggressive, started the game like a freight train.

Last edited:
Reactions: duncanlamb

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
yes he can but now Kansas and Louisville are in the mix. I dont see him.coming here
If we land Wheeler over those teams, with how things have been for us lately, it would be a complete game changer. Would love for him and his family to legitimately help put VCU and RVA back on the map. I wanna see partying on Broad Street again.

smiley4284

Top Member
Jul 7, 2011
All the blue bloods are in on wheeler now. Would be huge to peel away a home kid. One day it will happen🙏🏻