The Class of 2020....so far.......

May 1, 2009
Any updates on Levi and his status
I believe, like MSS, he needs to complete classes in order to graduate. So, probably won't hear anything until August or so. I do wonder where he is doing his coursework. If he is like Gilmore, he may miss a part of the summer devoted to player development, team building and chemistry.....although Gilmore had an idea of how things worked here to begin with.

May 4, 2012
Honestly, I don't know what to expect next year. Can't even get upset with predictions like this after the way last season went.
Its a young team so there will be a learning curve. Levi can help with some experience in the paint.
Best to manage your expectations I'm thinking. Going .500 would be a reasonable target to aim at. Depending on the OOC we might do a little better especially if Rhoades is willing to adapt to the players he has. If Levi works as well as I think he can, maybe closer to last year's record. If the freshmen come on line quickly maybe a bit better.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Honestly, I don't know what to expect next year. Can't even get upset with predictions like this after the way last season went.
We have more athleticism and better talent this upcoming season than we did last season. However, we are very, very young, so there will be growing pains. I think we’ll be much better in February and March than in November and December.

May 4, 2012
We have more athleticism and better talent this upcoming season than we did last season. However, we are very, very young, so there will be growing pains. I think we’ll be much better in February and March than in November and December.
We will need to be as thats the teeth of the conference schedule and the others are reloading.

Sep 2, 2013
No doubt, I think we will get better as the season goes on. The most significant question mark of this team is how we will be shooting the ball. The only proven shooter we have is Bones. Outside of maybe Vince, no one else has taken many shots. Man, I wish DJ had one more year. We could really use home next year.

Jul 27, 2017
No doubt, I think we will get better as the season goes on. The most significant question mark of this team is how we will be shooting the ball. The only proven shooter we have is Bones. Outside of maybe Vince, no one else has taken many shots. Man, I wish DJ had one more year. We could really use home next year.
Shooting the ball was abysmal two years ago when we secured an at large. In theory one could argue we have more athleticism and talent then we had then, therefore if we can play defense at a high level I think we can win a lot of games. Big IF with such a young team. I do think Evans as the point guard is a key deference on the defensive end. Bones will likely be a much better offensive player but he will not bring that kind of defensive presence. Jimmy Clark may be able to pick up the slack as an on ball defender. And I have high hopes Ace will be able to turn into a pest guarding the ball handler up the court. Jarren/Curry/Vince are bringing great athleticism and I think can be just as good of defenders as DJ/Vann on the wing. Then down low I like what we have defensively with Corey/Ward blocking shots and being able to move/rotate.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
The best example from last year is UMASS. They talent and inexperience. They went thru growing pains and began to gel. By march, they started a small 5 - 6 game winning streak against some of the better teams.

Reactions: Celticguy