The Future of the A10 from a Scheduling Perspective

Ramdog

Elite Member
For me it not only the game but the game day atmosphere...which is always better for big games..but connecting with other fans, listening to band ,watching the dance team.....the entertainment of the night out and supporting the program is why I’ve bought season tickets for 35 years running

to each his own

Last edited:

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I don’t think the schedule matters to fans on a year to year basis, but there can be a cumulative effect of not having many appealing home games for many years in a row.

But winning is what matters most. If you’re winning, then you’re going to sell tickets.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
For the last few years if you wanted to see the good teams you gotta buy the season tickets and see the suspect teams as well. That is unless you wanted to pay $450 for a UVA ticket or a crazy amount for a UR ticket. I buy season tickets so I can have the option to go if want to. I usually catch at least 90% of games and only miss if I am out of town for work or until now, my kids sporting events.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
We had a good preseason tournament last year. We need to build on it this year!
====
GO RAMS!
Beat Commodores!!

TTL PKG

Elite Member
It’s been a while ago, but my daughter played in the pep band. Ryan was a game day “show piece”. He “directed” the band on game day. He did not go to practices. Music Department professionals handled that. It could have changed later but that was my daughter’s experience.
I’m not sure where your information comes from but this is the most false statement. I was at most every rehearsal, and by that I mean 99.8% of them. There was a time pre 2007 when I was living in MD when I didn’t come to a lot but after that I was at them all. As a matter of fact the music department really cut their ties with us for a bit. This was upsetting to me BUT we pushed through. The relationship mended once they saw the positive effect we had on marketing and recruiting.

I don’t really mind people saying what they will about me but we are going to base opinions on facts not false information.

TTL PKG

Elite Member
I don't think I'm misinterpreting anything. The handbook says you don't have to have an advanced degree to teach as an artist-in-residence, which is something I've seen at universities in three different states. Also, you're assuming Virginia has a state law about the minimum requirements for a professor, but nobody has established that's an actual law. People are simply stating that's the case. Do you have a link to the state law that says what you say it says?
There is none. Also at the time there were a few assistant coaches on teams that made way more money than I was and they had no college degree. When I asked the power to be about it he claimed it was his department and therefor his decision. So when faced with that information it’s obvious what my value was. Hence the decision I made.

TTL PKG

Elite Member
Degree or not, Ryan's way of handling the money issue via social media left Ed with very few options.
If Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates wanted to teach here in a full time capacity for $100K per year, I think you would see how flexible the University and the state become with the degree requirement.
You have it quite wrong in my opinion. The way things were handled from an upper mgmt perspective left me zero options and this is from a guy that exhausted them all. However let us not forget that it wasn’t just about money for me. It was money for the kids who played more events then any other band. It was move compensation for the guy that lobbied for me job the day after he said he was I. The fight to the end with me.

I left a LOT of things out of the public realm because I do at the end of the day believe some of the details should be between the two parties. At the end of the day he (the AD) made some decisions and then I made some.

rammed

Elite Member
I’m not sure where your information comes from but this is the most false statement. I was at most every rehearsal, and by that I mean 99.8% of them. There was a time pre 2007 when I was living in MD when I didn’t come to a lot but after that I was at them all. As a matter of fact the music department really cut their ties with us for a bit. This was upsetting to me BUT we pushed through. The relationship mended once they saw the positive effect we had on marketing and recruiting.

I don’t really mind people saying what they will about me but we are going to base opinions on facts not false information.
Surely you are not suggesting my daughter lied. Her time in the pep band corresponds to the pre-2007 time frame you reference. Maybe that was an outlier period of time, but those facts are her two-year experience.

TTL PKG

Elite Member
Surely you are not suggesting my daughter lied. Her time in the pep band corresponds to the pre-2007 time frame you reference. Maybe that was an outlier period of time, but those facts are her two-year experience.
Surely I’m not suggesting anything. It seems like you were able to put the puzzle together yourself. It would explain the discrepancy.

I thank your daughter for her 2 year dedication.