The Great Larrier

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Hubabas was across the street from Newgate. I think is was more of a biker type bar.
I know the younger fans love this non-bball talk. Ha!
Hababas was a biker bar. I remember it being right beside Newgate Prison on the same side of West Grace as the Lee Art and Greca. Across the street was the Metro Cabaret and the Jade Elephant. Down the block on that side was the original Village Cafe.

Reactions: DNB

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I know the younger fans love this non-bball talk. Ha!
Hababas was a biker bar. I remember it being right beside Newgate Prison on the same side of West Grace as the Lee Art and Greca. Across the street was the Metro Cabaret and the Jade Elephant. Down the block on that side was the original Village Cafe.
one of us was too . . . impaired to remember correctly. I am pretty certain that Hababas was across Grace street from Lee Art, and on the same side of the street as Jade. They had a half dozen Bose 901s and a blisteringly loud hifi, so we'd go in there occasionally. In my day, it drew the west end drinking crowd more than bikers, but I know that changed at some point

What was the name of the foosball place next to Jade?

ramRN12

Top Member
Nov 21, 2013
That was Jerry's Pizza, it was next door to BK and behind the center of the universe. TDC House!

NOW, can we not change the title of this thread to

GONE GUY
Oooor just take the actual Larrier discussion to the Former Recruits and Players thread. That way fragile hearts and minds will only have one thread to nancy on about. :D

You are welcome to keep the Name That Long Gone Bar! game over here though ;) :lol:

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
So What Is A Great Larrier? The new meaning is "a community-wide effort to derail a forum topic".

Reactions: DNB

Grappler

Top Member
Apr 8, 2015
It's funny how jobs influence your viewpoint of a city. The executive travel thing had me running the streets for CEOs, driving them up to their private jets on runways etc...

The Redskins came to town and I drove several players. On a Sunday I drove one and his girlfriend all day (my 1st week with the company). That Wednesday I drove the same guy to Hull st Southside, he had be go in back alleys. There was a woman in a short skirt with a 1 year old and a grandma. We picked her up, they had never met. I had to recommend several bars and dropped them off at one. Thought he left his phone in the car, brought it in and he said "naw, that's my other phone". He had one for his girlfriend and one for his Hull st. Girls.

Still have his number and we texted a while back. He got picked up by another team. I'm just reminiscing about some weird places around Richmond. I once drove the guy who goes "44 that's me! Get some cold cuts" but can't remember his name anymore. There's a studio downtown where they film some geico commercials, but it looks like a dive bar from the outside.
You were driving the great Ickey Woods! Very cool.