The Kevin Marfo Interview!

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
I found a great 47 minute Interview with Kevin Marfo conducted by Quinnipiac Athletics from 01/25/2020! It gives tremendous insight into the player we are recruiting and how he might fit in our roster! Some great insight! Alot of what he says about mental approach to the game playing with fear vs. playing in the moment...being mentally prepared fit hand in hand with what Coach Rhoades says all the time...worth the listen.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Listening to this gets me excited! If you stick Marfo in the same staeting lineup with.Marcus Santos Silva and play straight up man to man then vcu will limit our opponents to 1 shot on the defensive end 99% of the time.

Dude has figured out to play bigger than his size!

The double screens these 2 could set with Josh Banks coming off a curl for a catch and shoot!

We can go toe to toe with St Louis inside!

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
If you don't think he can play, look at the schools pursuing him, and not just on the final 5. Some pretty good P5 folks think this guy can play for them. The little film I could get of him (recent) he's got what I was most concerned with for us and a 6'8" guy with some heft. He moves well, runs the court and can even protect the rim a little bit. I'm pretty excited!

Reactions: DisplacedRam

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
I'll get excited if he chooses VCU.

Edit: well then. Hopefully I'll get excited in 20 minutes!

Reactions: RowdyPkunk