KentuckyRam

Insider
We were playing well with Clark in control and a 10-12 point lead. As soon as he was replaced the momentum shifted.

Go back and watch the replay between 16:50 and 11 minutes left in the 2nd half and you will enjoy some good basketball from

a good player.

Last edited:

rollins77

Elite Member
Insider
yeah. I looked at it a second time. Macallister (21), saves it to Clarke(12) who alleyoops it to Curry(11).

Robby got it wrong and it was right in front of them!

I would disagree about the passion. Passion, in part, is what makes a great call.

accuracy and passion.

Not making excuses for the mistake, but the play happened on the opposite side of the floor, not in front of them.

rammad90

Elite Member
No one gave AHenny any serious respect when he joined our team as a walk on. I’ve watched him ball since he was a 6th grader, and he is pretty dang good. Hope he can play some real minutes for us at some point, but know he does so much more behind the scenes in practice that make our starters even better. Thanks Arnold!
Love his Dad and Mom. However, I cannot seen any scenario short of catastrophic injury where he gets any burn . As such, if he wants to play he transfers to either DIII, or his Dad's alma mater Hampton, or similar school. He is an solid addition to the team but not gonna cut it during game time in the A10. Not if we aspire to get back to being the Broad Street Bullies.

Clark is solid and should grow into a solid backup. Next year ACE ,who my friends in the Baltimore area rave about, will make us a dual threat in the back court the likes of which we haven't seen since Ro Lamb and Calvin Duncan.

rammad90

Elite Member
We were playing well with Clark in control and a 10-12 point lead. As soon as he was replaced the momentum shifted.

Go back and watch the replay between 16:50 and 11 minutes left in the 2nd half and you will enjoy some good basketball from

a good player.
Clark made a few mistakes which is why Mike pulled him. We replaced him with Bones, who on this board would have done the same?. We love to hype the next man up similar to who fans always fall in love with the back up QB in football. All the freshmen showed the reason why, no matter their talent level or promise level, the upper classmen were getting the minutes.

Simply put freshmen make mistakes that are critical to losing games. In this case we were up 12 with the ball and Bones got a clean layup blocked, then he let the little guy hit a couple of 3's without closing out hard.

Last edited:

HAVOC still lives here

Elite Member
Just watching the game last night during some of the VCU runs with the veterans and freshman assisting shots, the incredible alley-oops, the amazing footwork and ball-handling was nothing short of NBA play. Add the extraordinary talent of the incoming recruits, which look like they are D1 game ready, and I don't think it will take much time for the coaching staff to get the team conditioned and working like a well-oiled machine for next season.

I am encouraged by the plays I saw last night, which can be easily replicated in the A-10 Tournament and bring about an end result that would surprise the heck out of all of us.