The Melvin

Deb O

Top Member
Insider
Feb 3, 2010
Wow - what an interview! I hope that those who said that our players "need to toughen up" when it comes to social media, got the opportunity to listen to this. When you hear someone like Melvin say that he wished he had reached out for help last year because of all of the "bashing", it breaks your heart. "Fans" are the ones who created that situation. As Melvin stated, that caused him to have a down year. I can't believe this is the last regular season home game. Will surely miss Melvin!

May 22, 2014
Wow - what an interview! I hope that those who said that our players "need to toughen up" when it comes to social media, got the opportunity to listen to this. When you hear someone like Melvin say that he wished he had reached out for help last year because of all of the "bashing", it breaks your heart. "Fans" are the ones who created that situation. As Melvin stated, that caused him to have a down year. I can't believe this is the last regular season home game. Will surely miss Melvin!
Thank you for posting this

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Yep. I am positive for a reason. Negativity is hurtful when you work hard and give your best. I have stated it many times that I will never understand the hatred on social media. Anyway, much love to The Melvin! I enjoyed that interview on the Wes McElroy radio show too. My trusty iHeart Radio App came in handy this morning.

PS-At one point during the interview it sounded like Melvin was eating potato chips:lol:

PS PS-We can all yell at @Kizzy Gladden tonight when she is at half court :D

Last edited:

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Yep. I am positive for a reason. Negativity is hurtful when you work hard and give your best. I have stated it many times that I will never understand the hatred on social media. Anyway, much love to The Melvin! I enjoyed that interview on the Wes McElroy radio show too. My trusty iHeart Radio App came in handy this morning.

PS-At one point during the interview it sounded like Melvin was eating potato chips:lol:

PS PS-We can all yell at @Kizzy Gladden tonight when she is at half court :D
Careful AA... if you yell at @Kizzy Gladden too much... she might throw a basketball at your head... :lol:

vcu70

Top Member
Apr 5, 2009
Any one know what % Mel shoots the 3 at home vs away?
Well I was so busy this am, I did the research myself and results are not surprising. Mel shoots 40.7 % away and neutral and 46.3% at home, so he will go off tonight!

Reactions: Scooter

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Big Thanks to Melvin for 4 GREAT years at VCU!! I remember being very happy when I heard he had changed his plan to attend miami & headed north to VCU. I don't even want to think where we'd be without him on the court.
It is crazy to think back to that offseason. Melvin went from NYC to South Florida to RVA. Jordan and Mo were deemed ineligible and Justin Tuoyo played one year but ended up a Chattanooga with Will Wade.
Wild stuff.