The Most Entertaining Player

Who is the most entertaining Ram you have witnessed playing.?

• Ro Lamb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bernard Hopkins

• Phil Stennie

• Kendrick Warren

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Willie Taylor

• Eric Maynor

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Bri Weber

Votes: 79 62.2%
  • Mo Alie-Cox

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
As it is remains off season and we are all suffering from a dearth of information about the team and the players I though a little poll and discussion about the most entertaining Ram you have seen playing might be in order. Since I am presenting this I am listing the players I feel were the most fun to watch, but certainly if you think of anyone else please do so.

Remember this is for the most entertaining player, not the best or your favorite. Vote for only one. You may change your mind if you desire.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

squid1622

Top Member
Mar 5, 2012
Had to go with Bri. He made each and every game fun, not just because of the steals, but because of the passion he had for the game and VCU itself. I remember during his recruitment he showed up to an away game at ODU and trolled the ODU team. Nothing says passion like trying to put it to another school before you've even started playing at your current one.

Last edited:

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Had to go with Bri. He made each and every game fun, not just because of the steals, but because of the passion he had for the game and VCU itself. I remember during his recruitment he showed up to an away game at ODU and trolled the ODU team. Nothing say passion like trying to put to another school before you've even started playing at your current one.
That was absolutely hilarious!

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Well, in person I've only seen 3 of those guys play... Maynor, Weber & Mo... and of the 3.... Bri by far...

I mean Briante Weber's steal vs Mason like he was on a slip & slide or something.... the Butler Dunk... I mean this guy was the man.... and he was absolutely the most entertaining VCU player I've ever watched live....

May 1, 2009
Can't complain about any of those choices. Some were/are more exciting than others but all of them dominated the game in one way or other.

I felt Maynor was really special. When the game was on the line it was Maynor who wanted that ball and produced.....really stepped up his game. While we all remember the dagger, I really liked his game against Mason in the CAA tournament. We were near the point of losing in the final minutes when Maynor stepped up big for 3-4 plays in a row with two major steals (I think it was two) that swung the game in our direction and lite a fire under our team. It was like the best couple of minutes of basketball I have ever seen....completely demoralized Mason at the end (not trying to demonize Mason.....just that Maynor tore that team a new one the last couple of minutes of the game).

RAM7889

Top Member
Insider
Apr 20, 2009
Can't complain about any of those choices. Some were/are more exciting than others but all of them dominated the game in one way or other.

I felt Maynor was really special. When the game was on the line it was Maynor who wanted that ball and produced.....really stepped up his game. While we all remember the dagger, I really liked his game against Mason in the CAA tournament. We were near the point of losing in the final minutes when Maynor stepped up big for 3-4 plays in a row with two major steals (I think it was two) that swung the game in our direction and lite a fire under our team. It was like the best couple of minutes of basketball I have ever seen....completely demoralized Mason at the end (not trying to demonize Mason.....just that Maynor tore that team a new one the last couple of minutes of the game).
It was two steals. About 2:30 left we were down 5 and Mason had the ball, Eric made the first steal and drew the and 1 on the layup. The very next play a Mason guy was bringing the ball up and Eric stole it again! In about 10 seconds Eric had tied the game. He had 9 points in that last 2:30! Without his heroics in that game the Dagger would have never happened! BTW I think somewhere on here the last 2:30 of that game is posted.

ViCtorioUs

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
The folks that saw Kendrick play will attest that when he had the ball and a clear path to the basket everyone in the house knew what was going to happen next. The drive (get out of the way), the leap (Kendrick, you are cleared for take off), the windup, the thunderous dunk and the follow through. You could feel the hair on your neck stand up as he drove, many in the crowd would stand, a palpable buzz ensued and many people would be yelling "Showtime!"

BigTimeRamFan

Top Member
Jan 4, 2011
I dare say that the majority of you here on RamNation never got to see Kendrick play, thus the vote total. Remember that incredible steal and dunk by Bri, in the Butler game? Awesome, wasn't it? Well Kendrick made that play over and over, a hundred times or more in his career! Bri was always exciting and a lot of fun to watch, but to me, he's second to Special K and the excitement that he produced on the floor.

Last edited: